• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTA IV Realitrix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Question, though; I had tried ICE awhile back and did a 'by the books' fresh install and the game would crash when loading a game. Does your mod work on the same principles?

It is recommended that you do a fresh install of the game...
But Ive tryed the mod pack myself, of course

I updated the game to 1.0.4.0 copy and pasted the mod pack and played right after with no crashes at all

For hahas I reinstalled and actually got ICE to load! Looks pretty but some stuff is hella bright or hella dark. GxStorm, if you get that NRG900 fixed I'll gladly load up your mod.

For hahas I reinstalled and actually got ICE to load! Looks pretty but some stuff is hella bright or hella dark. GxStorm, if you get that NRG900 fixed I'll gladly load up your mod.

Im working on that....

I just need to make enough changes to make a valid 2.6 version

SO...the nrg900 is a Yamaha r1 and the pcj is a BMW rr1000

Theres only one issue....The handlings are basically the same for the two bikes becaus i could only find one handling that is realistic enough...

The bikes have a top speed of around 285KM/H and when you accelerate it pops a small wheelie sometimes, or in some cases, a huge wheelie, but it is perfectly normal

Try to full throttle a bike and see what happens

Reply please

Heh. Actually the bike I use the most is the is the Bati Custom Sprunk! in EFLC. I wonder if I can import it into GTA4.. The handling on that bike great.

Heh. Actually the bike I use the most is the is the Bati Custom Sprunk! in EFLC. I wonder if I can import it into GTA4.. The handling on that bike great.

It may have great handling, but its still slow, thats the problem with gta 4 vehicles, they are slow!

For example a normal car with the default handling clocks 120KM/H max! Modified handling makes the car clock 160-180

Great mod GxStorm, it's great to see all the real cars being used by NPCs, did you find it difficult to not go over the memory limit? I tried to change every car in EFLC to their real life equivalents some time ago but the hard coded memory limit meant that only one type of car would appear.

Great mod GxStorm, it's great to see all the real cars being used by NPCs, did you find it difficult to not go over the memory limit? I tried to change every car in EFLC to their real life equivalents some time ago but the hard coded memory limit meant that only one type of car would appear.

Your talking about the taxi bug

This "bug" ruins the way we mod the game, just kills it..

And no, its no entirely fixed, because a lot of taxis still appear, and one or two modded cars

Do you know the vehicles.img size limit to avoid the taxi bug?

Your talking about the taxi bug

This "bug" ruins the way we mod the game, just kills it..

And no, its no entirely fixed, because a lot of taxis still appear, and one or two modded cars

Do you know the vehicles.img size limit to avoid the taxi bug?

Last I read up on it I heard that it was a hardcoded engine VRAM limit carried over from the console version and has no relation to the size of the vehicles.img, just the amount of VRAM the files within it use up.

Theoretically if you replaced each car with a different model with the same amount of complexity you wouldn't get the taxi bug. It's why just loading a few complex models can make the bug appear compared to loading many more less complex ones, even if the latter takes up more HD space.

Rockstar did say it would implement features into the PC versions of its games if there was enough demand for them (the specific case was creating a DX10 version of GTA 4 so it could use AA). It might be worth starting a petition to have a number of things like this unlimited for the PC version of GTA V so more mods can be made.

That's why fewer very highly detailed models that take up less disk space will still hit set off taxi bug

Last I read up on it I heard that it was a hardcoded engine VRAM limit carried over from the console version and has no relation to the size of the vehicles.img, just the amount of VRAM the files within it use up.

Theoretically if you replaced each car with a different model with the same amount of complexity you wouldn't get the taxi bug. It's why just loading a few complex models can make the bug appear compared to loading many more less complex ones, even if the latter takes up more HD space.

Rockstar did say it would implement features into the PC versions of its games if there was enough demand for them (the specific case was creating a DX10 version of GTA 4 so it could use AA). It might be worth starting a petition to have a number of things like this unlimited for the PC version of GTA V so more mods can be made.

That's why fewer very highly detailed models that take up less disk space will still hit set off taxi bug

I heard about that, its something with the high poly models, isnt it?

I heard about that, its something with the high poly models, isnt it?

Yep exactly, the higher polygon models just chew through the RAM limit in seconds. I did try to make my own car pack with the most efficient models I could find but I got nowhere near to replacing all the original models before I encountered the bug so I gave up.

Yep exactly, the higher polygon models just chew through the RAM limit in seconds. I did try to make my own car pack with the most efficient models I could find but I got nowhere near to replacing all the original models before I encountered the bug so I gave up.

Its basically impossible to make our own car pack using just low poly models

And the downside with the taxi bug fixes its that the use a lot o RAM and VRAM and we experience low res textures and missing textures all around the world map :(

Its basically impossible to make our own car pack using just low poly models

And the downside with the taxi bug fixes its that the use a lot o RAM and VRAM and we experience low res textures and missing textures all around the world map :(

Yep! I guess that it should be theoretically possible to make a car pack work if each car that replaced a stock one had the same or lower polygon count and overall detail, but I doubt any one has tried it.

Yep! I guess that it should be theoretically possible to make a car pack work if each car that replaced a stock one had the same or lower polygon count and overall detail, but I doubt any one has tried it.

That ends up being a fart in the wind

What I mean is that GTA V is coming out, and I posted this mod a bit late, considering the new release....

That ends up being a fart in the wind

What I mean is that GTA V is coming out, and I posted this mod a bit late, considering the new release....

Well GTA V won't be coming out on PC for a while yet. :)

Can you tell me how you managed to get ENB working in EFLC? I managed to get ICEnhancer working with trainer once but I haven't been able to get it or any other ENB working with the game since (patch 1.1.2.0), it crashes before I can get to the main menu.

Last edited:
Back