• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 1660TI Fair Price

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tachi1247

Trying to figure out what a fair price is for a used GTX1660ti. Situation is my close friend upgraded his entire computer last July (7/7/19) when Zen 2 came out including a new 5700 card at that time. His old comp, including a recently acquired 1660ti, got retired to sit in the corner of his basement unused. He has zero interest in putting forth any effort to sell it as that is not his style so I'm basically taking it off his hands as it can replace an old AMD 390 card in my main rig that I'm having issues with.

Didn't see any recent sales of a similar card here in the classifieds and prices on new ones are all over the board as they haven't yet been replaced, but the 20xx series has been so I'm seeing 2060s in the same range as a 1660ti. So for a card that is going to either be sold to me, or sit in his basement until his wife throws out the computer in 2 years, what is it worth? He threw out a $100 which I think is reasonable, but obviously less than he could sell it for if he were to put in the effort to do so. So is $100 fair or am I ripping him off?

I regularly see them sell for $230-280 on Ebay. On a forum I would guess $200-250 would be common.

Really anything less than $200 is a miracle for a working GTX 1660 Ti in the recent market, as they didn't seem to go down any in price/value since the 3000 series launch.

I'd practically kill for a GTX 1660 Ti at $100.

What is it about these 1660Ti cards that makes them hold value so well? That is a fairly old card selling for that much.

Almost 3 years old... but it is current gen, (maybe technicly last gen?) for a low end card, I'd RUN to buy one for $100! I'd say its worth closer to $200, but check ebay yourself to see what people are paying. I think the non-ti 1660 Super can be had for $240 new if you can find one.

It's one generation old as of now (even though it is GTX 1000 series it is Turing based, just no RT hardware) and the card itself will be 2 years old in Feb 2021. :)

I'd expect to see these around the $150-175 mark used. I think they were $250 new MSRP?

The non TI, the 1660 Super is\was around $240 - $250. The 1660 Ti is currently $299 - $320 on Amazon. Unless it can be found cheaper new elsewhere, I'd say that gives it a used value of $175 - $200. That is what I'd pay if I was buying one anyway.

It's one generation old as of now (even though it is GTX 1000 series it is Turing based, just no RT hardware) and the card itself will be 2 years old in Feb 2021. :)

I'd expect to see these around the $150-175 mark used. I think they were $250 new MSRP?

The non TI, the 1660 Super is\was around $240 - $250. The 1660 Ti is currently $299 - $320 on Amazon. Unless it can be found cheaper new elsewhere, I'd say that gives it a used value of $175 - $200. That is what I'd pay if I was buying one anyway.

I had one of these early last year in a mini ITX rig with an i5-9400F CPU. It was a great 1080p gaming card IMO. I got an open box single-fan EVGA from Microcenter for $170 and agree with the above estimates of around $175 in today's market. The 1660 Ti and Super perform just about the same. I actually sold the whole mini ITX rig on ebay for $600 to get funds for my Ryzen 9 3900X CPU and RX 5700 XT GPU.

i got a 1660 super for a matx computer i have hooked up to my tv for emulation and hopefully some day soon a media server.
I mainly got it for the nvenc and vuklan support and because i got tired of waiting for 1650's to get back in stock at evga when the apocalypse started...

mated with a ryzen 2600 and everything running stock (ish) it'll handle upscaling an OG playstaion game to 4k using vulkan API pretty well. it doesnt sound impressive considering the old tech its emulating but its hard to make an old game look half decent on a new tv with out some sort of strange stuff going on. it gets stretched or blurry or lots of color stepping (if you use opengl). with this set up it runs as it should, looks as it does, normal, just like if it were running on og hardware and a RGB CRT monitor.

believe it or not its cheaper to go the emulation route on a computer like this any more, the RGB CRT monitors are broadcast quality not computer and they command a steep price now that the used stock is dwindling...

if i found a 1660 ti for about $180-$200 and was in the market for another card i would jump on that, much higher than that and i'd just get new for a few more bucks and try my chances at the MIRs they have now

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I guess $100 is a screaming deal so maybe I'll throw him a little more. Honestly though if I wasn't taking it off his hands it would be worth $0 as it would sit unused until he throws it out.

Back