• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 570 on 560W PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Marti

Hello every one!

Sorry I'm starting with a question, hopefully I'll be able to help others later on.

So, here's my story. Exactly one week ago I have assembled my brand new gaming PC after few years of laptop hell. Its working extremely well, especially comparing to my previous machine. All of the sudden, today I've been given a chance of swaping my video card to Asus GTX 570 Direct CUII. Irony of it all... Anyway, will my PSU handle this new setup (rest of the components would stay the same)? And, will it realy make a difference? I'm using 22" Dell with resolution 1680x1080. My gaming preferences are things like Borderlands, Rage, Fallout series, waiting for Elder Scrolls Skyrim and Diablo 3 and what not. I'm not realy Crysis person although wouldnt mind trying it out to feed my eyes with wonderfull graphics.

Cheers!

my spec:CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.70GHz / Thermalright IFX-14, Video Card: Asus GTX 560 Direct CUII TOP, Motherboard: Asus P8P67 EVO Rev3.0, RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR3 2x 4GB 1600MHz CL9,HDD: 2x 500GB 7200RPM,PSU: Seasonic X-560W

Shouldn't be an issue at all.

There's a solid performance difference between a 560 and a 570, very noticeable.

Alright, seems to be working fine. Cant see difference while gaming with my bare eye, probably will use fraps and see whats what. I'm guesing Skyrim will be the first game to give my rig a real spanking. Thanks!

You'll be fine, your PSU can do 41.6A on the 12v rails. Plus the 36A rating is for the entire system, not the GPU alone. The GPU alone has a TDP of 220W (18.3A).

I can't find any real reviews of that unit, but like the others said if it can put out what it says it can put out, it'll work fine.

I can't find any real reviews of that unit, but like the others said if it can put out what it says it can put out, it'll work fine.

Bob,

Can find any reviews either but it's an Enhance unit and a (generally) good OEM.

Back