• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 570 running hot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jberg01

Registered
so i just bought the evga gtx 570 HD and i have everything hooked up right and it is running really hot in battlefield 3 its running around 60 to 70 is there anything i can do to make it run a little bit cooler. i was thinking about putting a fan like on my hard drive bay blowing on top of the card its self what do you guys think?

Fermi architectures run hot bro.

giphy.gif

Seriously though, 60-70C is not bad for gaming, especially on a Fermi. You aren't doing any damage at the temp at all. My 670s run 70-73Cish in game, and I'm a-ok with it. You can add more a fan to try and blow on it like you said, but if all you are getting is 60-70C, you are fine.

That's a very normal temp for the 570.

For running cooler, custom water loop or an aftermarket air cooler. Not worth it IMO, unless you're going to overclock the **** out of the GPU.

On some cards, nvidia-settings can let you override the fan controls. (I manually set mine to full if I'm going to be putting much of a load on it.) Also, if it's a card that exhausts out the back, pressurizing the case does wonders for keeping it (and the PSU) cooler.

Back