• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 650Ti or Radeon HD 7850?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's what I thought, but I felt like I was missing something. Would it be worth it to get the 2GB version, or get the 1 GB version and wait until I need more and grab a 2GB to Xfire with?

I would get the 2 my self , and if you xfire a 1g and a 2g card you only have 1g of vram that will be used in xfire

That's what I thought, but I felt like I was missing something. Would it be worth it to get the 2GB version, or get the 1 GB version and wait until I need more and grab a 2GB to Xfire with?
2gb no doubt.

Well 7850 is not usually compared to the 650 / 650 Ti. Those are mostly compared to the 7750 I believe. 7850 is much better than the 650's, which on the other hand, outperform the 7750. 7850 is much closer in performance to the 660 although I believe a little behind.

It really comes down to the price, whether you prefer AMD or nVidia and what resolution/settings and which games you'll play. The newegg's price for the 650 Ti seems quite a lot to me, no doubt you could find it cheaper than that. If it comes down to only these two cards, I'd take the 7850 hands down.

Back