• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gtx 770 freezes PC. Help please..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CaptainAngel13

Registered
Hello guys.

I'm quite desperate right now.

I recently opened a thread looking for a new psu because I thought my Corsair vx 550 was not enough for my new gigabyte gtx 770. Well apparently it is not the psu since I just bought a brand new XFX Pro series 550w and the problem persists.

The computer freezes right at the bios screen. I can't enter bios or do anything at all, other than shut it down or reset.

It only does it with the gtx 770. It works fine with onboard graphics or my old 6950.

My specs are:

Gigabyte GA-Z77x-D3H, i5 3570k, Gigabyte GTX 770, Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mz, Kingston HyperX 240gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, XFX Proseries 550w/Corsair VX 550W

The card also works fine in a different but similar PC. The differences are a tx750 corsair psu(the new model), 120gb kingston ssdnow, asus mini mobo.

I have tried booting with no usb devices on. I have tried booting with no hard drives/ssd on. I have reconnected everything around 20 times.
The card is connected through the pci-e connectors. One 6pin and one 6+2 pin.

I just don't know what to do anymore. This doesn't make any sense :(

Any help will be appreciated.

swap the 750 watt psu over, if it boots, psu is to small, if not the card is bad.

Not sure why you got that XFX PSU as the Corsair is pretty much just as powerful.

Can you not try the TX 750 in your system just to rule out the PSU?

Just tried it with the old psu(vx 550) on another system. It works fine.

i will go do a bios update and hope for the best.

(Russia) : FTP / Http 1.Improve system compatibility

F14 3.71 MB 2012/08/20 Asia China America Europe Europe(Russia) : FTP / Http 1.Improve VGA compatibility
2.Support multi-language

from the gigabyte site, bios f14

Not sure why you got that XFX PSU as the Corsair is pretty much just as powerful.

Well it has 44 amps on the 12v vs 41 amps on the corsair, plus the corsair is 6+ years old. Apparently it's still running strong though.

Thanks everyone.

Back