• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guaranteed 3 day UPS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes exactly what I'm saying!!! "the consumer" you know the one who complains. All they would have to do is change it to 4 days and then everyone would be happy!!

No, everyone would NOT be happy. Because it would be WRONG!

Look, part of the problem is you are starting off counting with 1 when you should be starting off with 0. The day you ship starts the counter. It isn't automatically a full day a few seconds after the process starts.

Here, look at a number line (sorry for my crappy mouse drawing skills)

f-132-21-pr-1.gif

You count the spaces between the numbers. Between 1 and 4, there are only 3 spaces. 3 days! Not 4.

This is like the people who say the years 2000 was the first year of the new millenium. It wasn't. It was the last year of the old one, because we didn't have a year 0.

:bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

Look, part of the problem is you are starting off counting with 1 when you should be starting off with 0. The day you ship starts the counter. It isn't automatically a full day a few seconds after the process starts.

f-132-21-pr-1.gif

You count the spaces between the numbers. Between 1 and 4, there are only 3 spaces. 3 days! Not 4.

This is like the people who say the years 2000 was the first year of the new millenium. It wasn't. It was the last year of the old one, because we didn't have a year 0.

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

Here is a few beers for your head banging and a couple more for your very artistic picture.( i draw like a 2 year old with one of those oversized crayons) (i could only post 4 beers due to pic rules so i owe you a few).

I Really understand that its truly three days total but like Oldskool said to the consumer it is 4 days. I have asked everyone i work with.... well all three of them. What if you ordered a package Saturday(knowing that it won't ship till Monday) and you selected 3 day shipping. When would you get your package?

all thier answers were Wendsday.

f-132-21-pr-1.gif

LOL that is classic.

Not to beat a dead horse, but it's the handling that takes the extra time, not the shipping. Someone has to either drop the package off at UPS, or UPS has to come pick it up, then bring it back to their store. There's a few cutoffs (4 or 5 times a day), and if you get the package to them by noonish, it will go out that day.

I guess my luck is improving. I ordered a Wii and some accessories from Gamestop yesterday. I paid the few extra dollars for one day delivery, which Gamestop described as one day to pack it for shipping and one day for the actual shipping. I got the order confirmation at 12:45 yesterday afternoon. The packages landed at my house at 12:15 this afternoon, having traveled from Texas to Maine. Pretty impressive.

Ken

Back