• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guaranteed G0 X3210 at saveateagle.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yay

no worries, I got an e-mail saying my item is scheduled to ship today, I guess it had to get to tenn. before I could get my tracking info. :eek: so exciting!:eek:

jason4207 - I was just wondering if aside from OC'ing benefits if there was any architecture differences between the that and the q6600. If not why would companies buy a normally more expensive part when the consumer version is essentially identical.

Well the x3220 and the Q6600 have the same cost per 1000 ($266) as recommended by Intel, so companies shouldn't normally have to choose. Supply and demand has trumped that right now, though. If they were priced the same as they should be, then companies would still be doing right to get the Xeon. It's we consumers that should be going after the better product...assuming their cost is the same.

No differences at all afaik b/n the x3220, and Q6600. The Xeon should hopefully run cooler, and have a lower VID, though. Higher thermal spec makes it a tougher contender as well.

i got my shipping confirmation from saveateagle today with UPS tracking code. it should be delivered in a day or so. too bad i got to wait till sept 4th to pick her up :(

no worries, I got an e-mail saying my item is scheduled to ship today, I guess it had to get to tenn. before I could get my tracking info. :eek: so exciting!:eek:

Hi Everyone,

Everyone that's ordered a x3210 should have tracking. If you dont, please give me a ring (800-845-6471 x1114). 110% the x3210 are SLACU (I can see it for my self :) ) Any info you need off the box?

Lance

saveateagle.com now shows G0 SLACU code on its website. The price has dropped a bit too!

Too bad my MoBo is FUBAR'd!!!!

I'm curious to see how well these Xean G0's scale myself. Please keep us informed :D I'm tempted to buy one. The service Lance seems to be providing look likes its top notch!!

I'm curious to see how well these Xean G0's scale myself. Please keep us informed :D I'm tempted to buy one. The service Lance seems to be providing look likes its top notch!!

Same here, might have to add another $300 to my credit card....this hobby of mine is getting a tad expensive....

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new MB and CPU so I can put together a new system. I have a DS3 tomming back from RMA, but Gigabyte can take months for RMA, and my P5B is killing my video cards for some reason. I have killed 3 different cards in the last 2 months. What I am wondering is if this CPU being a lower Ghz from the start will keep up to a Q6600 when over clocked, and what board is good for quads. If this cpu will keep up with the 6600 I am going to order it asap.

NewEgg says my order is in Step 5. Shipped from TN (1 state away)! Alright!

I should definitely get it by Friday then..I hope. Still waiting on tracking number.

I'm hoping it will. The specs seem to indicate such. Until we get some actual results it is all speculation. But all other things being equal...it has a higher thermal spec which means you can safely run it hotter. This would lead me to believe it may be able to take more voltage, and thus clock higher.

I could be wrong, though, so if you can wait you might want to do so. I was waiting on someone else to post results, but then I ended up spear-heading an entire movement to get the guaranteed G0 x3210's available. Now everyone is waiting on me to post! Weird how things turn out.

Any way you look at it it is still the cheapest Quad out there right now.

I should receive the cpu sometime this week and I'm suppose to receive
the mobo (DS3L) on Thursday. So i'm gonna try to put it together this weekend.

Will post results soon after. :)

I think I'll wait on your guys results and use my old faithful D805 in my new rig, and sell my E6600. Being on disability I need to be uber careful with any money I spend. Hopefully after my next surgery i can get back to work and buy all the good toys like I used to. I hate not working (that sounds messed up huh?)

Count me into the list of ppl with one of these.

DSCF1702.jpg

Gotta pick up the rest of the parts now.....
If anyone wants to help me pick out the stuff for it I have a thread in general hardware.

Thanks again Lance + Jason.

Man, I wish you had the rest of the stuff, and helping pick it is relative to alot f things, priarily what resolution you'll use it at, and how much you intend to spend. I just want to know if these will keep up with the q6600's. I'm about to lose my mind trying to decide between these 2 processors and what MB to get.

Back