• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED [GUIDE] How to install Windows 7 via USB FlashDrive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Question, anyone have any idea how to do this in reverse? I've come across many old laptops that can't boot off a USB, and it's a PTIA to gave to dig up a disk. I can easily copy the files and burn, but can't figure out how to copy the boot sector.

Really sorry for answering that late, I've been having some personal problems and I wasn't on the PC that much.
Do you still need help on doing this, if yes I can provide a step by step guide.

Small EDIT:
MBRWiz is now available for free (no trials and etc) from the official website.
The GUI version of it is still paid ($6,99), but the command line one is completely free.

Last edited:
Thanks for providing this guide. I can never remember all of the steps to do this when I need to.

Most useful!

Thanks for providing this guide. I can never remember all of the steps to do this when I need to.

Most useful!

Really glad to see it helped someone. :thup:
Anyways, it turned out my way is extremely hard compared to what some other guys suggested here.
I've added their ways of doing it to the main post too, hope it simplified the process.

Back