• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guide: How to prepare for a benchmarking party

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have two soldering irons, solder, wires, flux, solder sucker, wire cutters, wrenches, pliers, screw drivers, hot glue gun.

With all these extra monitors, I guess I won't have to lug mine onto the buss.

Splat how good is your Soldering Iron?

I will bring 2 monitors, but one is only for 2d. Doesn't do the Res for 3d (stuck at 1024x768).

Splat, will the misses let you borrow her furry handcuffs for the weekend? Just in case anyone gets out of hand. :D

What is the minimum res you need for 3d? The one I could possibly bring is 1600x900 or maybe a 1280x1024 screen.

With all these extra monitors, I guess I won't have to lug mine onto the buss.

Splat how good is your Soldering Iron?

both are "junky" radioshack brand. one is 15w ones is 30w. They work perfectly fine for me when i work on consoles.

I've got a super nice one that does 80w max, Analog Temp, and Pencil tip. I'll bring it for the modding.

Just gave this a read. I'm going to try some 4890 volt mods ahead of time (as that and some 8800GT's are what I plan to bench), but I might need some help. I'm not exactly good with an iron!

Looking forward to benching with you guys in St. Louis. Thanks for the invite IMOG!

If you bring the supplies for the Voltmod, I will be happy to do it for you.

Depends on the 4890 - I get plenty of volts on my HIS 4890, no voltmods, just software control. Depending on the 4890, hardmods may not be necessary.

Back