• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H100 cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

russmet

I have an cosair H100 water cooler. I want to overclock but i think there is an isssue. No overclocking running Prime 95 My temps reach 62C. I removed the stock over paste and put artic silver still same result. I did overclock to 3.8 and i reached 78C. I have an cosiar 600t case. The cooler is currently in a pull config. room temp 74C. My cpu is an i7 960. I put my settings back to default. any help on how to make my cpu cooler.

well, i'm by no means an expert on this, I do have an h100 myself.. I don't know if the 960 runs hot, but that seems high for sure. For one thing, the arctic silver has a 200hour cure time, during which temps will go down 2-3c, so there's that. I wasnt pleased with it, so i'm using mx2, btw. supposedly no cure time..

I use my fans in a push configuration, and that may be one of the things going on here. Corsair themselves recommend a push configuration but as intake from outside of the case. This has been shown to only improve temps by about another degree.

The retention bracket on the h100 is flimsy plastic and a touch squirrely.. It may be that its slightly misaligned in a corner and you're getting uneven pressure? Do the cores all reach roughly the same temp?

Additionally, there are known issues with h100's of a certain batch having pump issues
Read HERE about it from Corsair themselves and see if this sounds like it could be the issue...

Overall, turning those fans around would be the first thing i'd try... :D

and welcome!!

Thanks for quick replay. Tonight i will put it in a push config. I will order some new thermal paste.
I checked the bracket and it is flush. All the cores are within a couple degrees and screws are tight. I checked my lot code and it is different. NotNero what are your temps at 4 OC?

My H100 is on my bench right now and I don't have that logged anywhere.. I believe I was at about 72c after 20 min, but I'm not positive.. I know I never saw it above 58c gaming

Back