• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H100 inferior to an A70? (Newbie in need)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just tried it then but it seems print screen doesn't work in the BIOS, well it didn't let me paste anything in paint at least...

Nonetheless I just checked the vcore and it was at 1.375 with the offset I added of 0.14 or so. Despite the fact that I set the base vcore to 1.2 and then added the offset. Seems it didn't apply my core volt.

Any advice on what I should do altogether with my oc? Or any advice on my GPU issue?

Thanks again.

try with a 45 multi with a 1.35 vcore do a stress test and if it's good for 2+ hours then start pushing for higher multi and vcore

Thanks mate.

But that's the thing. I had 4.7 ghz at 1.370 volts at a 100% load for more than 2 hours when I first stressed the CPU a couple of weeks ago, and just this afternoon I ran 4.7 at 1.375 for 3 hours. But now it's gone back to being entirely unreliable, really frustrating.

Do you think there could be an underlying issue here?

Try stressing with one gpu and increase vcore to 1.38. Should it bsod take note of the code and if it ends in 124 then it means you need more vcore

The issue you're having is related to Vdroop I believe. You're vcore is only just barely managing to keep your overclock stable. When you add in the video cards the actual vcore reaching the cpu dips below what you have set. When this happens your system crashes. To solve this you can do one of 2 things. You could try re-overclocking with all of the components in your system to accurately establish what vcore you need to set, or you can enable loadline calibration in the bios to counteract the affects of Vdroop.

You ran the A70 with the side panel off, giving it cooler outside air. If you want more of a direct comparison to the H100 try it with the side panel off as well and see if the temps drop. It could explain why you aren't seeing a drop in temps with the H100.

If I read the thread right, you can pass the stress test without your SLI but can't with it. Doesn't then make sense that your issue is power supply or motherboard in SLI?

Back