• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

h100 mod not pumping?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

performs

hey all i browse here daily i know i dont post much i just enjoy reading and looking at everyones builds i started a new build and i have an h100 that i modded to add a resevoir too. i followed this guide http://www.electronicspub.com/article/23/3/Corsair-H70-mod-guide.html

now for the tubing i looked at this picture and did it exactly since this was an h100 and the one in the guide was an h70 i believe.

edit: pump and fans all have power going to it by the way

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1221291&mpage=1

now i am trying to test it so i plugged my psu into a spare pc and connected the fans and h100 to my psu. however it is not pumping the water. and im not sure wh. i was trying to run a leak test on it basically and make sure there wasnt too much air bubbles but when i turn it on the fans come on the radiator but the liquid isnt moving. if i lift the resevoir the liquid will move for a split second then nothing. just wondering what could be the problem. heres how its set up. it has liquid in it tho not showing in the photo this was after i connected everything.

424099_317116028324467_100000782185761_849307_1592798872_n.jpg

all help is greatly appreciated!:thup:

i believe so i followed the photo since i cannot find any guides. should i attempt to swap them around you think?
mine is set up exactly as this one looks. granted probably dumb of me to go by a photo i havent seen any guides on the h100 so i just followed this. if you think i should swap the tubes i can attempt that real fast i just didnt want to mess anything up
corsairh100.jpg

I looked at the link you posted and it seems you have it connected the proper way. Is the pump running at all? Can you hear it spinning when you turn it on? You might want to disconnect the fan to be able to hear it better.

Edit: You might want to try running the pump just connected to the reservoir without the radiator to see if it will pump the water at all.

I looked at the link you posted and it seems you have it connected the proper way. Is the pump running at all? Can you hear it spinning when you turn it on? You might want to disconnect the fan to be able to hear it better.

Edit: You might want to try running the pump just connected to the reservoir without the radiator to see if it will pump the water at all.

yep. power comes on i listened to it and it sounds as though its trying to pump i hear the spinning

Hmm... Actually, I just remembered somebody else doing the H100 mod not too long ago:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692895

buradd ran into the same issue you seem to be having. It shows how he overcame it on page 2 post 38.

As an aside, please don't forget to add some sort of anti-corrosive to your system. The radiator on the H100 is aluminum and you will face serious galvanic corrosion if you don't...

That worked great buddy just had to ensure both radiator n pump were full to Max. Ty!

Back