• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H100 sounds lika a mini Coffee Grinder?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Methal

Just got my computer put together about 3 days ago. Noticed that the H100 sounds like its grinding coffee. The noise seems to slowly go away after an hour or so of use, but comes back after I shut down the computer for any extended period of time.

I've googled it and found that a lot of people are having this issue, but I didn't find a real fix or if it is a real problem. *(besides banging on it with a screw driver, or soldering a diode into the 12v molex connection)

anyone have this same issue? Is it something I should be concerned about?

Last edited:
It shouldn't be grinding like that. Could be the pump is defective. I would return it for RMA and get a new replacement before it gets worse.

Almost sounds like not enough fluid and eventually it works the bubbles out of the pump...

I've had one for 3 months now and its really good and quiet since I switched the fans definitely sounds like an issue. Mine made a little rumble when it was new but I thought it was normal and now it seems to have gone away. If you RMA it Corsair are excellent. I sheared a screw mounting mine sent them an email saying it only came with 3 :rolleyes: and they sent me a whole new mounting kit, practically overnight from china. I expected poor service outside of the US but they are excellent. I'm sure they will send you a new one straight out.

By the time I finished my OP it has stopped.

Dunno what to think.

sent an email to corsair. Interested to see what they say. Considering so many people have this issue, I wonder if it is just normal? bubbles in the coolant maybe?

Turned my case on its side, flicked the lines a bit and ran it for a day. Hasn't made the noise sense. I'm thinking It must have had air in the pump or something.

In what arrangement do you have it? It is best to have the cooler above the pump, or you might be starving the pump. That's what people have told me anyways..

He almost has to have the block below the rad with 14" tubes on it.
I believe a BTX style or benching case would be the only way to use it with the pump above the rad.

*from what I've seen though, they ship with the pump packaged atop the rad...that's unfortunate.

I've got the rad mounted to the top of the case above the pump. Its not so far away as to put any stress in the tubes. The pump is attached as to have the tube come out of the right side. So the name is right side up.

I can put a screw driver to my ear, and touch the other end to the pump and hear it run, the grinding is essentially gone.

Back