• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H100 v Air v Custom Water loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Are you serious? Thats a 6 core chip with a massive heat output. Air coolers wouldn't even handle it. Closed loops like the H100 perform better than high end air but not significantly so.

Can you sugest some parts for a good custom loop to achieve the results that I mentioned with my setup?

No, I've never even dabbled with water cooling. I used a H100 for a bit under 3 months until it failed, then changed back to high end air cooling. I'd suggest creating a threading in the water cooling section. The guys in there will be able to point you in the right direction.

No, I've never even dabbled with water cooling. I used a H100 for a bit under 3 months until it failed, then changed back to high end air cooling. I'd suggest creating a threading in the water cooling section. The guys in there will be able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks for the reply. I will do it and create a thread there.

I got a Corsair H100 and I cannot go past 4.7GHz with 1.41V set in BIOS without reaching 80°C+ using H100 on my 3960x and P9x79 Deluxe motherboard.
The memory is 4x4GB 2133MHz Corsair GT Dominator.

I am not happy with it. You think I must go custom loop? I got a HAF-X case and I would like to get stable 4.8GHz@~1.45V without reaching 75°C peak maximum core temp. (70°C peak would be better...)

Is it possible with a custom loop?
Can you suggest some parts? (Pump, radiator, CPU Block, tubing...)

I was exactly where you where.
on my 3930k, I was using 1.51V of 5.0Ghz, and reaching 81-82'C on 12 threads loaded Prime95, I ended up going full loop, from my H100.

However, ur H100 'should' be able to handle 4.8Ghz at 1.45V.. I think.
is the mounting ok? try a better Thermal paste first, cause I was there, and at 1.45V.. I was around 74-75'C on prime 95...

have u made your radiators into Push/Pull yet?

1.58 gets me 4400mhz.. I can tell you for certain the H100 does not like that 1 bit :D

My cpu will routinely hit closer to 100c with that voltage.. not good to do too often if you value your cpu :cool:

I was exactly where you where.
on my 3930k, I was using 1.51V of 5.0Ghz, and reaching 81-82'C on 12 threads loaded Prime95, I ended up going full loop, from my H100.

However, ur H100 'should' be able to handle 4.8Ghz at 1.45V.. I think.
is the mounting ok? try a better Thermal paste first, cause I was there, and at 1.45V.. I was around 74-75'C on prime 95...

have u made your radiators into Push/Pull yet?

Yeah, I saw that your system is very similar.
And also your post on the separeted thread.
I am using stock fans and no push/pull.
Maybe push/pull is the next step?
But I dont know, I saw your graph and I really think that I am looking for the full loop results.

If I use high quality parts and install it properly, leaking is still a concern?
(Maybe that was the reason I went with a sealed loop previously).

When u go full loop, all the fans you buy now for push/pull can be recycled and used again. on that angle.. I will definitely point you towards that direction first ...

going full loop takes lots of planning.. it is FUN, but since the investment amount is relatively larger, you might want to take more time to get all the info you need before you get there..

meanwhile.. trying push/pull, studying for fans.. might be a good way to start.

Back