• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H100i GTX Cooling Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TylerFT

I have a computer build I started about 4.5 years ago. Started life with an AMD FX-8320 on a cheap MSI board with 8GB of RAM and an AMD Radeon HD7870. Over the course of it's life, I upgraded to a GTX 970 GPU, installed an H100i GTX cooler and have over clocked the CPU to 4.2GHz. The water cooler upgrade was a early 2015 milestone.

Recently, I decided to upgrade to a more current and capable processing platform. I have acquired an i7-7800X CPU, MSI X299 Tomahawk AC mobo and 16GB of 2400MHz RAM. I just got it all installed last night and noticed I had a slight cooling issue... Scratch that... A major cooling issue.

Everything was connected just as it was with the old board. Powered up perfectly. I got into BIOS and started checking out the settings. On the fan page, I noticed my temp climbing to no end. I shut it off when it reached 90C. Today I began investigating.

I tried to reapply the thermal paste which did not help. I then noticed that all of my fans are running full speed but the water pump does not seem to be working. I tried connecting it to the CPU_FAN, PUMP_FAN, and SYS_FAN headers and did not notice any improvement. I connected it directly to 5V and 12V which also yielded no results.

At this point I'm pretty sure I should just cut my losses and upgrade to a more current model. However, I was hoping to see if anyone else has had a similar issue and if there was a simple solution to it.

Thanks to all who may be able to provide me with even a little information.

Sounds like the pump is dead. Is the coolers still under warranty? I had to RMA a H115i due to a dead pump.

Sounds like the pump is dead. Is the coolers still under warranty? I had to RMA a H115i due to a dead pump.
Unfortunately at this point it's almost 3 years old and I believe the warranty is 1 year.

Cooling Products

Hydro Series[emoji769] products have a 5 year warranty
I guess I missed that. Thank you. I might still order the new model just so I don't have to wait as long to get my computer running again but I'll definitely be checking in with them for warranty.

RMA that one and sell it since they ship you a brand new cooler if you're thinking about something different. I was able to do an advanced RMA where they just shipped me a new one and put a hold on my credit card until I shipped the old one back.

RMA that one and sell it since they ship you a brand new cooler if you're thinking about something different. I was able to do an advanced RMA where they just shipped me a new one and put a hold on my credit card until I shipped the old one back.
I had the older GTX model that doesn't actually list the LGA 2066 socket but still fits it. Do they send the equivalent current model or do they just send a new one of the same model?

I couldn't answer that because I am not sure.

My guess is they would send you whatever is current. I had an old (from 2007) HX850 power supply that had an issue, they sent me a brand new HX850I as a replacement.

I couldn't answer that because I am not sure.

My guess is they would send you whatever is current. I had an old (from 2007) HX850 power supply that had an issue, they sent me a brand new HX850I as a replacement.
Awesome. Checking with them right now to see what we can do.

Cooling Products

Hydro Series™ products have a 5 year warranty

My 115i just junked after 6 months, very not impressed, especially now that mine failed and I'm looking at a ton of pump failures all over the web.

Plus needing my rig back I couldn't wait for a replacement and bought a new cooler in store so the warranty is really useless, I can see why they offer 5 year because it's free, as I now see likely most people can't wait the shipping time and so buy a new one local instead.

I bought an air cooler today to replace my 115i. Note in my sig my rig from 2010 was reliable way overclocked with an air cooler, and the noise level, my liquid is very not quiet, there are still tons of fans in my case, 2 on my liquid setup very loud anyway.

Back