• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H100i useres, need your input!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Austintatious

I am curious what your h100i water temp is vs your CPU core temp.

I am running the following:

I7 4770k OC to 4.5 @ 1.3 volts
H100i vertically mounted, W/push pull setup.

Under stress testing, My water temp sits around 32c and my cores are seeing ~80c

I really wish the H100i gave water temps before AND after the water block... It would certainly make diagnosis a LOT easier!

I am about to measure air temps before and after the radiator and will post back with the info.

Any input GREATLY appreciated.

Ok my air tems before and after the radiator are:

25.2C before
28.2 after

water temp 32.7

What program are you using to load the CPU, for how long before taking measurements and what program are you measuring temps with?

I have intel extreme tuning utility which uses prime 95

I have run it from 5 min to 6 hours with the same results steady (0nly the core temps do fluctuate about 5-10 degrees rapidly)

I watch core temps with the intel utility and realtemp and they coincide.

I guess to Simplify my original question...

Is it normal for there to be a delta between the h1ooi water temps in the core temps

Yes, very much so. The CPU can't transfer all the heat to the waterblock, thermally impossible. Plus on top of the silicon itself is a thermal paste (TIM) under the metal top, and it's not 100% efficient, neither is the TIM under the waterblock etc.

Watercooling can only do so much. The H100i is not a full blown watercooler, smallinsh rad, weaker pump, not the best designed block. If you were to get a top CPU block, pump, 120x3 rad, great fans, hose, fittings you'd prolly see 70C on the CPU. It still ain't magic for $450ish, which a nice real watercooling rig costs.

Your temps are about normal, the H100i is working just fine.

Thanks Conumdrum!

I really wish Corsair had put two temp sensors on the H100i... an inlet and outlet temp for the water block... this would let you see how much heat the waterblock is absorbing and also how much the radiator is dissipating...

All the speculation and doubt would be eliminated in any scenario, the two temps would tell the tale!

Back