• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H60 Corsair not cool enough

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Assitaca

Registered
Hello! 3 days ago i went and bought a H60 Corsair cooler. But here in Greece room temperature is already high (35-40c) so i achieve CPU temperatures at 55c-60c (idle) at 4.0 mghz, i7 920 overclocked. Ive already set the push and pull thing. The water is hot even at idle. At load it can reach 80-85c. I need to find a way to cool the water! Because here its not even summer yet. Temperatures will rise!

There is no way to cool the water in the H60. You will have to cool the ambient temps (room temps) in order to get better cpu temps.

The AIO coolers : ( H60/H80/H100) are dependent on ambient temps. The cooler ambient temps are the better they perform.

Yea i know. everything depends on ambient temps. But i cant have the A/C on for many houres. I red an article and a guy 1stly placed a fan that blew towards a freezed up 2L water bottle, and the cold air was hitting the PC. But moisture was a problem so he then took a bowl of water and deeped the radiator inside with a chunk of dry ice. and actualy the cpu temp went down dramatically. haha it was kinda hilarious, cause people find it simple but its not easy to get cold air without spending electricity for an A/C.

You don't need to have the AC on 24/7, but you do have to lower the ambient temps someway. Even the best custom loops are dependent on ambient temps.

Maybe a box fan aimed at the pc will help.

The solutions you list (OP) are not 24/7 solutions. You are in trouble as your ambient temps are awfully warm.

I know, had that cooler before my current one ( H100I )
h60 did sometimes Reach 61C, Keep in my mind i'm Using Asrock ( MAX 65 )

With my H100I it NEVER reaches above 40. And it's not even full on.

You don't need to have the AC on 24/7, but you do have to lower the ambient temps someway. Even the best custom loops are dependent on ambient temps.

Maybe a box fan aimed at the pc will help.

Good idea. But when you say box fan though, you mean the huge ones?

you could always not overclock it...:chair::escape::escape:

edit: or you could get a better cooler other than that maybe the box fan thing

if i dont find a solution, i will eventualy underclock. Today i placed on my push/pull system another fan on the push side and ran prime and i got 70-75c. Its a bit high but i think i can make it go a bit lower.

I know, had that cooler before my current one ( H100I )
h60 did sometimes Reach 61C, Keep in my mind i'm Using Asrock ( MAX 65 )

With my H100I it NEVER reaches above 40. And it's not even full on.

I was between buying the h100 and the h60 but the price of it was almost double so i chose the h60, i bet though that the temperatures would be lower ofc... but oh well... whats done is done.

Anyways i saw a video today and a guy had a tube going outside on his balcony, and apparently the temperatures outside where low, anyways at the end of the tube INSIDE he had a delta fan sucking the air from outside, and it was hitting the cpu. he got temperatures under 20c

can this be real? this guy has 45 fans on the radiator and he gets minus temperatures, is that possible?

You cannot be cooler than your ambient temperature with adding more fans. Clearly that was a sarcastic/fake video.

Back