• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H70 price?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It was actually quite intuitive. If important bits weren't plastic (the back plate), it would be a very nice and easy way to mount blocks.

It was actually quite intuitive. If important bits weren't plastic (the back plate), it would be a very nice and easy way to mount blocks.
I suppose there's a zero chance it would use the (almost) standard AMD metal backplate??? :-/

(Some cheapie boards still use the plastic one but most have metal.)

I suppose there's a zero chance it would use the (almost) standard AMD metal backplate??? :-/

Don't see why it wouldn't.
I'm not an AMD user but I've used a Xigmatek Crossbow bracket with my H50 and the plastic H50 backplate with the Xigmatek cooler.
Have also used a metal Asus 1156 bracket that came with a server board and the plastic backplate from a 980x stock cooler on the H50.

Don't see why it wouldn't.
I'm not an AMD user but I've used a Xigmatek Crossbow bracket with my H50 and the plastic H50 backplate with the Xigmatek cooler.
Have also used a metal Asus 1156 bracket that came with a server board and the plastic backplate from a 980x stock cooler on the H50.
Often it's not whether the bolt pattern is the same but whether the bolt size is the same, a problem common with cars wheels as well as heatsinks ...

Often it's not whether the bolt pattern is the same but whether the bolt size is the same, a problem common with cars wheels as well as heatsinks ...
The H50 came with 2 sets of bolts , fine and coarse thread.

Interesting. Not extreme performance, but interesting all the same.

Not extreme performance as far as loops go, but it might give high end air a run for it's money. And if you slip an ultra high performance fan on the rad I bet nothing short of phase change will run cooler. :D

I actually want to try that and see what temps I get whenever I do get one to test. ;)

Actually, I think it has 5 or 6 edges, all of which would cause at minimum a nasty gash!!! :p

Oh yeah, I refuse to run it at all without wire guards in place. I truly think that fan could lop fingers off if you happened to stick one in it while it's at full song. :eek: And the suction from it is absolutely amazing too. You really have to watch what gets in front of the suction side of it too. :shock:It makes the Delta GFB compound fan look and sound kind of wimpy.:salute:

Oh yeah, I refuse to run it at all without wire guards in place. I truly think that fan could lop fingers off if you happened to stick one in it while it's at full song. :eek: And the suction from it is absolutely amazing too. You really have to watch what gets in front of the suction side of it too. :shock:It makes the Delta GFB compound fan look and sound kind of wimpy.:salute:

Sounds nice and all but how loud is it? Most people going to this cooler are doing so to get away from jet engine HS for the CPU.

We should have an ocf "who can survive putting their hand in the biggest fan" competition!!!

We should have an ocf "who can survive putting their hand in the biggest fan" competition!!!
I'll pass thanks...

My panaflo FBA12G12H got me once and it wasn't fun at all. I'd hate to have that happen with one of those fans! :shock:

I've gotten bitten by the gfx blowers before...don't get caught between that and that shroud, lemmie tell you.

Not extreme performance as far as loops go, but it might give high end air a run for it's money. And if you slip an ultra high performance fan on the rad I bet nothing short of phase change will run cooler.

I actually want to try that and see what temps I get whenever I do get one to test.

Yeah a nice bang for your buck without going for a full waterloop. I'll probably pick one up once their out. Then test it vs the loop I'm building come christmas.

If anything it might perform the same as high-end air cooler (the h50 came close if I remember correctly) but be quieter. Which means more to some people than others thats for sure.

I'm not even sure it will be quieter than high end air. The NH-D14 cools very effectively and is pretty darn quiet with the fans that come with it. Same for all the high end coolers I've been testing. The Thermalright fan I've been using to test with in single fan config is essentially the same as a S-Flex SFF21F, which is a relatively quiet fan. One place where the H70 might shine is in small case applications where space is at a premium inside, but the case does have a 120 mm exhaust fan on it to mount the H70 onto.

Back