• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vishera FD8350FRHKBOX preorder for release on 10/12/12

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
who knows, we need to keep in mind that this is coming from a retailer not AMD ..... but with all the changes that AMD has had and concidering that fiasco the last time when they released Bulldozer I think they will be ontime once they do release a date. Canada Computers the biggest local dealer, Ottawa Ontario is expecting them october ish .... he wouldnt / couldnt be more specific.

ya but did u see the units they are talkin, 2520 just on the 8350, with 850 at each warehouse? that seems like alot to me? just saying with those numbers amd might have gave then first dibs? lol anywho i just saw the news and thought ide throw it out there im gona get my money together and wait for newegg to though it up.

Yes they have that ordered but will they get that much? Probably not AMD will do thier best to ship to everyone. Time will tell.

I'm going to say that there is a 0 percent chance that it will be released on that date.
I think it's possible ;)

ya but did u see the units they are talkin, 2520 just on the 8350, with 850 at each warehouse? that seems like alot to me? just saying with those numbers amd might have gave then first dibs? lol anywho i just saw the news and thought ide throw it out there im gona get my money together and wait for newegg to though it up.
That goes away very quickly. That will last a few weeks...newegg probably getting a few more thousand.

Interesting to see the prices. I'll wait to see the performance before I make any comments about the prices though. :D

More than likely what happened there was AMD told them to take it down till they are ready to anouce it for everyone.

Anyone know what specifically they changed on Vishera? I'm just interested in finding out what they've done.

it ain`t there anymore.....i feel sorry for those who bought it....

Thats the same online shop that offered bulldozer preorders way ahead of time. As far as I know they are a reputable company.

Still Ill wait until the official launch so I can decide if I think the upgrade will be worth it.

Anyone know what specifically they changed on Vishera? I'm just interested in finding out what they've done.

they went whith a new clock mesh wich suposedly lets them iether run 10-15% higher clock speeds at the same TDP. or run the same clock speeds with a 10-15% lower TDP. they chose to keep the same TDP and higher clock speeds, giving you the native 4ghz core on the 8350 and partially due to more efficient "Piledriver" microarchitecture.

Sales are slow ..... only 4 are spoken for.

it ain`t there anymore.....i feel sorry for those who bought it....

More than likely what happened there was AMD told them to take it down till they are ready to anouce it for everyone.

Why? I would imagine money to be refunded...

Thats the same online shop that offered bulldozer preorders way ahead of time. As far as I know they are a reputable company.

Still Ill wait until the official launch so I can decide if I think the upgrade will be worth it.

^^^
Guys, large websites like BLT, SuperBiiz/MA Labs, Provantage.com who do not just sell to end consumers but also to resellers and businesses often have electronic inventory that updates itself when AMD schedules large shipments of product. It is an automated electronic inventory. Within their inventory program (the application they use to manage inventory and availability) they often have the option to hide inventory or hide the product all together on their websites so as to not give away any kind of information that may hurt AMD before they want NDA to lift, or before a large product launch.

AMD generally does not want these things disclosed, though sometimes press slides meant for closed rooms leak:
Model Numbers, which can change often from when they leak to retail
Clock speed, cache amount, architecture (after they have already claimed performance per clock increase, overall vague performance increase)
Price

Because if a website lists all those things too early, it gives intel a head start on exactly what kind of improvements AMD made just by looking at the paper, and give them time to undercut AMD prices or release new models before AMD can have time to ship actual product. Trust me, the 1-2 months is a lot of time, especially for intel to convince OEMs how bad the AMD product is, what new products are coming for intel and what price cuts intel will implement which is why AMD tried to keep FX in the dark until right before launch.

What walldow says below, sort of.

Resonant clock mesh is the name for a new technology that AMD is implementing into Trinity and Vishera based processors.
Basically, to keep the clock speed throughout the whole CPU you need to send a signal to every part that runs the same speed. (same MHz.) With this new technology, the clock is basically just echoed throughout the CPU, making the overall design more efficient, especially at lower clock speeds when you don't need to echo that so much. :)

AMD and the company they have partnered with noted improvements between 5 and 15% in early Trinity tests, under 4.2 GHz. From what I understand, the higher the frequency the less this helps.

they went whith a new clock mesh wich suposedly lets them iether run 10-15% higher clock speeds at the same TDP. or run the same clock speeds with a 10-15% lower TDP. they chose to keep the same TDP and higher clock speeds, giving you the native 4ghz core on the 8350 and partially due to more efficient "Piledriver" microarchitecture.
Sort of.

Improvements are made within the execution cores and parts of the CPU that feed data into the execution cores (the calculators) of the CPU. I think they expect 5% there too from Zambezi-based CPUs to Vishera.

Back