• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hack 9500 into 9700...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Tipycol said:

Hey Cisco Kid, does the main link work or did you have to separate the pics into separate ones like tempest993 did?

I was able to get to the article via the first 2 links you posted, and I bookmarked em

cisco kid

I wanna know the exact steps to how this is done I may be willing to give it a go, is there a link to the actual mod itself?

Cisco KId

Cisco Kid said:
I wanna know the exact steps to how this is done I may be willing to give it a go, is there a link to the actual mod itself?

this is some seriously GREAT news for an already kickin card wow lifespan can be greatly lengthed LOL

Cisco KId

But what is faster, 9700 or 9500 Pro? They show the benchies but fail to include a 9500 Pro. (And not everyone can get 370MHz on a 9500, now can they?:D)

iceman2g said:

According to other review sites the 9500 only has 128 bit memory bus!!

yes I believe that both 9500 or Pro version come with only 128 bit bus

cisco kid:)

walkerIV said:
here's the russian version, look at pics and benches:
http://www.overclockers.ru/news/newsitem.shtml?category=2&id=1041715156

They still saying that only 64mem version of 9500pro has 128bit mem, and the 128mem has in fact 256bit interface.

interesting I have a 128ddr I hope it does have the 256 bit bus but I do not think that is the case, if so lets go someone post a link to actually how to do the mod

cisco kid

on 9700 the resistor is in 1-2 position
on 9500 it's in the 2-3 position
by resoldering it and using the warp's bios you can then oush it up as high as mem will go.

This wouldnt work with a 9500 Pro Cisco...the 9500 regular is still using the original "hacked" version of the PCB that was given to reviewers a while ago...thats y this works.

Evnas said:
This wouldnt work with a 9500 Pro Cisco...the 9500 regular is still using the original "hacked" version of the PCB that was given to reviewers a while ago...thats y this works.

makes sense I have not read into it enough, but I think you are on the right track

cisco kid

Not to sound like a smart *** or anything :)p) but im very sure thats y it is. If u look at the 9500 Pro to the 9700 cards, there are quite a few differences. However, if u look at the 9500 regular cards, to the 9700 cards, there is virtually no difference at all in the PCBs

I saw a link to the russian article on [H]ardOCP last night while I was at work. I rushed home to post here about it...apparently I was late :p

Not to sound like a smart *** or anything () but im very sure thats y it is. If u look at the 9500 Pro to the 9700 cards, there are quite a few differences. However, if u look at the 9500 regular cards, to the 9700 cards, there is virtually no difference at all in the PCBs

that sounds about right. but it may not be completely true (hey, I can hope, can't I?!?!?). there may be some way to "unlock" the 256bit bus on the 9500 pro, even if this isn't it...if the 256bit bus is, in fact, even on the 9500pro, like it is on the old 9500's.

It looks like that xbit article is exactly the same as the russian one I looked at last night. same pics and everything. so the only thing I've seen out there about this mod is what we read there, and what we've discussed here.

I'd ALMOST be willing to do a mod like this to my 9500pro...but ONLY if I saw a LOT more info, from a LOT more peeps, in a LOT more forums.

I don't really browse any other forums...have any of you guys that do seen anything else about this anywhere else?

and also some of the 9500 128mbs do not use the 9700pcb as the Saphire one does so if you plan to try this, use that one, the 9500Pro cant be modded like this because it has all 8 pipelines and a completely different pcb design

funnyperson1 said:
and also some of the 9500 128mbs do not use the 9700pcb as the Saphire one does so if you plan to try this, use that one, the 9500Pro cant be modded like this because it has all 8 pipelines and a completely different pcb design

sad sad sad :( for me 9500 Pro LOL, anyone looking to buy... might search out a 9500 once more light is shed on this topic and somoeone gets the balls up to do the mod and they show it will work, I would liketo see it done on a BBA 9500 OEM or retail

Cisco KId

GO CLEVELAND BROWNS TODAY AND EAGLES TO THE SUPERBOWL

Back