• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Had to RMA my H80.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gigabit

I just RMAed my H80 and all i had to uswe in it"s place was a stock intel cooler so i ordered a H80i before i shipped off the H80.The H80i seems to cool alittle better and i like the black rubber hoses better than the flex tubing on the H80.The corsair link is kind of cool but its a little weiird i still dont comppletely know what im doing with it.

I do have it set for balanced performance and its quite with decent temps.Maybe 2c better than the H80.

But i will say one thing the orignal H80 pump seemed much sturdier to me.But so far im happy with the H80i.Im OCed to 4.3ghz and its handling it very well..
I did have to flash the firmware to cure the fan rattle.Cant understand how firmware solved it but it did..lol.Now im wondering what Corsair will send me back? A refurbed H80 or a new H80 or H80i as a replacementand what to do with it.Keep it or sell it

Last edited:
The software is a little strange, took me a while to figure out how it worked at all. The cool thing is you can drag and drop the fans and stuff from the left coloumn to where they would be in the case and set the hard drives to temp instead of watts. I guess it is better than having to open the case to change speeds but once you have it set the way you want you really don't need to.

I RMA a H100 and got a H100i after over a month on waiting to do a advance replacement cuz they had no stock but they where going to replace it with a H100 but after a few weeks they changed it to the i since they stopped makeing the reg ones

so im thinking its going to be a H80i

but im not even sure what i wanna do with mine... got it today but havent opened it XD

What was your RMA for?
Firmware was corupt.No matter what profile i used the fans would ramp up and down from 0 to 100%.It was really annoying.Ok i could of hooked the fans to a mobo fan header and controlled them from the bios or asus's AI Suite.But i didnt want to do that

I guess it is better than having to open the case to change speeds but once you have it set the way you want you really don't need to.
a129.jpg
k2.jpg

They shipped out the replacement yesterday.It looks like they sent me another H80.Not the H80i i was hoping for:cry:

Thank you for choosing Corsair products! The following is the status of your RMA Number XXXXXXXX.
RMA Issued On: 11/30/2012
Defective Parts Received on: 12/27/2012
* NOTE: it may take up to 24 hours for this date to be updated after arrival at Corsair
Part Number Received: CWCH80
Quantity Received: 1
RMA Replacement Parts Ship Date: 1/4/2013
Replacement Part Number: CWCH80
Replacement Part Quantity: 1
Replacement Shipping Method: UPS Ground
Replacement Shipping Tracking Number

Just got my RMA back its a brand new still sealed H80 not an H80i.Oh well now to decide on selling it or keeping it .

Attachments

• IMG_20130114_171201.jpg
    IMG_20130114_171201.jpg
    801 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20130114_171209.jpg
    IMG_20130114_171209.jpg
    982 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_20130114_171226.jpg
    IMG_20130114_171226.jpg
    929 KB · Views: 180
That's how my h100i came and still unopened lol

But I rma a h100 and got an i

I sent in an H60 a while back (think it was a couple weeks after they switched over to the "i series"), they had it for about two weeks and sent a regular H60 in return.

Back