• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HAF 915, Dual Rads and airflow, which way?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadowjump

Hi there, I have a Stacker and I have a single 360 rad installed on one side of the 915. I am going to install a second rad on the other side, but I am a bit confused about the airflow.

Should both rads have the fans installed for intake? Both exhaust? One intake and the other exhaust?

Thanks!

Personally I would run one as intake and one as exhaust. This will give you maximum air flow.

Exactly. But unless you're running dual loops it wont matter which rad is first. Just plumb it for the shortest and/or cleanest tubing.

Nope, it'll be a single loop. Why wouldnt it matter which rad if first? Wont the air from the left rad hit the right rad and make it warmer?

If the air is going through one and into another, you won't see much difference going left to right or vice-versa. You'll have slightly warmer air hitting one of the radiators regardless. And after everything has warmed up, the water in the loop will stabilize at whatever temp it's going to be at (which is why everyone says loop order doesn't matter). There's been many tests that show, using all the same components, loop order varies 1-2c at most. Most people don't see the 1c as worthwhile versus having a nice clean layout.

It won't matter in a single loop because after the rig is running for about an hour the water temp will stabilize and will be within 1-2°c from one rad to the other.

Edit: Jeff beat me to it. LOL

Back