• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HAF 922 Cooling issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkdespair55

At idle my CPU runs around 52c, which I know is high. Gaming it does not jump it up terribly much, it might push it to 60C.

System:
case: HAF 922
Mobo: Gigabyte UD3r
RAMHDD: 3 HDD active
DVD: 2 drives
CPU: i7-930 clock - 2.80GHz
GPU: AMD 6950 2gb xfx Black edition
PSU: 750watt (dont recall brand)
+ secondary sound card: creative x-fi fatality pro

I have the stock cooling solution of the front 200mm intake, top 200mm exhaust and rear 110mm exhaust. I am looking to add two additional 20mm fans. One of which is 67CFM fan and the other is around 30 CMF(unknown, the gift fan came off a Coolermaster scout tower). I tired putting them on the side pannel Over/Under with the 67cfm on the top spot (intake) and the 30 on bottom (exhaust) but my temp jumped from 50c to 70c over a short period of time(still at idle). I have the stock cooler on my CPU and dont wish to switch to a cooler that would require me to pull out my motherboard to install it (unless it uses the same stock mounting system I don't want to use it) Any suggestions on how to lower the operating temperature of my tower?

Last edited:
Your case has pretty good cooling.

52C isn't high at all, that is on the cool side, actually very cool. You don't have to do anything. 80C is high.

Dunno where you heard 52C is high.

The problem is not the 50-60 C idle....my room has a tendency to get rather warm. Unless I leave the door open and have both the ceiling fan and a 12inch fan in the corner on. The idle temp tends to rise 10-15 degrees and thus pushes system load temps up to 90-101 That is what worries me.

What are you measuring your temps with and what are you loading the PC with?

Try looking at temps with Realtemp on the CPU at idle and load. And use P95 small ffts for 10 minutes for the load..

And it would be nice to know the actual room temp.

Sounds like your stock cooler needs a remount with some new thermal paste to be honest.

Or if you look up the coolermaster TX3 Evo. That could be a good solution for you. Its mounting mechanism uses the same style of push pins as the stock cooler. Its not designed for overclocking to any serious degree though but it'll bring your temps down for sure. I've used it a couple times in some friends non over clocking builds and works great easy to install.

Back