• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HAF 932 Case : End Result

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hafton

I'm sure everyone has by now seen or at least heard of the HAF 932 from Cooler Master. Based on my short experience with this case, I can tell you it has lived up to my rather high expectations, and then some! I was initally a little hesitant about spending so much on a case, but you get what you pay for, right? :)

First, a little about the build (unfortunately, I did not take pics during the actual build, stupid me)

Components:
-CoolerMaster HAF 932 Case​
-Core 2 Duo E8400 (no O/C for now)​
-4GB OCZ SLI Ready RAM​
-Western Digital 150GB Velociraptor Hard Drive​
-XFX nForce 750i Extreme Motherboard​
-BFG GTS 250 Graphics Cards (x2 running SLI)​
-Corsair HX850 Power Supply​
-MS Windows 7 64bit​

A quick note about the case fans I decided to use; I initially purchased 4 Antec Tricool Red LED fans along with 3 CoolerMaster Red LED fans for this case. I had them installed for about a week until I decided to go a different route; the Enermax Cluster route to be more specific. I will let the pics speak for themselves, but please, any questions or comments will be greatly appreciated!

I plan on adding more to this thread as time goes on, which will hopefully include a small, personal review for all of the parts I have used during this build. I also have a few other mods planned for this case (I know the title says end result but hey, I get bored easily)

Attachments

• haf 932 4.JPG
    haf 932 4.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 2,391
  • haf 932 6.JPG
    haf 932 6.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 854
    88.3 KB · Views: 957
  • HAF 932 2.JPG
    HAF 932 2.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 861
now that I got some pics up, I figured I would talk about some possible future modifications to the HAF 932:

1. Painting the interior: I thought long and hard about doing this prior to the component installation, but seeing as how it was 12 degrees outside, I was concerned about the possible effects the cold would have on the paint so I decided to continue on with the build. If I decide to paint the inside, it would most likely be with black paint (I am still torn between a flat black or glossy black though)

2. Custom wiring the Enermax Cluster fans: these fans come with an on/off switch for the LED's built into the side of the fan case. Although I love the color, sometimes it's nice to be able to turn off the LED's. Unfortunately, in order for me to do this now, I have to open the case and manually push the switch for all 7 fans. It would be nice if I could install some type of external switch for this (the 4 fans under the case window would be controlled by a single switch, and the other 3 fans would be on a separate switch). I have never really attempted anything like this, so I think some research is in order.

3. Changing the LED's on the front case fan from red to white. As you may know, the HAF comes standard with a red LED fan in the front. Changing it to white would match the rest of the case fans. Again, I have never really done anything like this; however, from what I have found, changing the LED's in any case fan is not a difficult task.

EDIT: I just took a look at Newegg's site, and it seems CM is now offering a HAF932 with multiple blue LED fans!

What do you think?

Last edited:
I got this same case and I just got done painting the interior flat black and it looks awesome if I do say so my self. Its cold here and I painted it in my garage and it took about 3 days to dry completely. I have thought about a clear coat though over the top of it I must admit.

I got this same case and I just got done painting the interior flat black and it looks awesome if I do say so my self. Its cold here and I painted it in my garage and it took about 3 days to dry completely. I have thought about a clear coat though over the top of it I must admit.

nice! What brand of paint did you use? And the clear coat sounds like a good idea; I am sure it will make it a little more durable.

Back