• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HAF X. Now H100 or Air?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lukestrothman

Just upgraded my case , HAF X , will be here shortly..
Now I'm currently oc'ed to 3.8 stable on my 8120, and I'm on the stock fan,

I've read all the stickies on the Water Cooling section, and well, I don't think I can afford a full loop, I simply don't have 700$ ++++ To invest in watercooling my PC when I'm at 3.8 running at 28c IDLE and barely raising over 40c on gaming, while prime takes it to 58c tops. on Blend,

so my question stands, can I do a H100 and oc this to somewhere around 4.5? or is this not possible without doing my own custom loop... For 100$ the H100 I know fits the HAF X and looks good, and is decent for temps, I'm aware I still need mad air circulation for the rest of my component's..

I'm just extremely disappointed in a way, I really planned on grabbing a gtx 660 this weekend and wanted to watercool that as well as the fx and my chipset, I wish I had all of your jobs :) Just looking for some simple guidance and not get bashed with posts about GO READ THIS GO READ THAT, I have I'm aware. Just want someone's input from personal experience.

Thank's so for the same price, go with that over the H100? I'm curious if that heatsink will bump my ram though, on my board the ram is insanely close to my cpu.
=/

H100 is alittle better than the Noctua NH-D14
if they are the same price i would get H100 hands down

I have both as well, imo the H100 is alot better. Tho I am not useing the corsair fans..

The d14 works good on my q9550 :cool:

Back