• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Half Life 2 Worth 130 $ ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There is not one new game on this entire planet that is worth $130. And the ones that are worth that much, are usually only worth that much 'cause they're very very rare.

Mr. Chambers said:
HALF-LIFE 2 GOLD $89.95
INCLUDES:
▪ Half-Life 2
▪ Counter-Strike:Source
▪ Half-Life 1:Source
▪ Day of Defeat:Source
▪ Valve's back catalog available on Steam.
▪ PLUS: HL2 posters, full strat guide, soundtrack, hat, collector's box, postcard & more.

If you look at the gold package its really not a bad deal.

T-Shirts are usauly 20 bucks
Start guides are about 15
And posters run you about 5 bucks
So its a decent deal.

But I am skeptical of "box'es" now since UT04 SE which wasn't a real metal box!

I don't even SEE a package for $130, so I'm assuming he is referring to the price, shipped, to his country or something?

If you have steam, wouldn't the price be the same for everyone, since there's no shipping? Mabye I'm just mis-understanding the topic at hand...

yeah $130 shipped that include that tshirt and box and all the rest of the stuff which you get APART from downloading from steam

I'm getting the Bronze version. If you plan on making your own Mods and stuff, all you really need is the Silver version. All that extra stuff like hats and t-shirts are usually a bunch of crapola that you will throw away and never wear. (Except if you want a old t-shirt to paint the house with...)

Yeah baqai, I really wouldn't spend $130 on any game, especially since almost half of it is just for the tshirts and posters + shipping.

If you get any version, you'll be able to download and play any mod, is this correct or no?

i guess i'll settle for the silver version than ... just that in our country we don't get that many legit games and i wanted something physical as far as half life 2 is concerned .. anyways i will be looking for the silver package now :)

thanks for all the advice maybe in future i will ask anyone coming from states to bring me halflife 2 as gift :D

Will the silver pack be available in shops to buy retail? cos I want the silver pack, but I cant download it via steam cos my uni only gives us 500mb a day download, and on a 10mbs connections steam nearly used mine yesterday in about 30secs!!!! So il have to buy it from a shop...

no you won't be able to get the silver package from retail shops its steam only version

Retail Versions

These you can buy from any shop

Standard Edition

º Half-Life 2
º Counter-Strike: Source
º Ships on six CDs, in one of three box-art packages (Gordon, Alyx or the G-Man)

Collector's Edition

º Half-Life 2
º Half-Life 1: Source
º a Half-Life 2 T-shirt
º a Prima book sampler
º Ships on a single DVD.

Steam Version

For download through Steam. These packages are NOT available at any retail outlet

Bronze

º Half-Life 2*

Silver

º Half-Life 2*
º Half-Life 1: Source*
º Day of Defeat: Source*
º Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam

Gold

º Half-Life 2*
º Half-Life 1: Source*
º Day of Defeat: Source*
º Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam
º Complete Strategy Guide from Prima Games
º 3 different Half-Life 2 posters
º Half-Life Collector's box
º Half-Life 2 hat
º Half-Life 2 postcard
º Half-Life 2 stickers
º Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD
º Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).

Source : http://www.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=148079

I will be getting the bronze version. Probably through steam.

For the 130 bucks, there is now way in heck i would ever pay more the 50 bucks for a game.

I'll probably get the silver version via steam. The $10 extra (over bronze or basic retail) buys the HL1:source, DoD:source, and CS:condition zero. If they add more games or mods to the "back catalog", those should be included as well. Silver was definitely set up as the sweet spot for cost vs. perceived value.

As a test, I loaded steam 2 days ago with only my old HL1 key and it moved 4GB of data (including HL2 pre-caching) onto my hard drive overnight. HL1, CS, DoD, and a few others all play fine and steam seems to work OK as a game server.

I don't think HL2 CAN flop. if you look there's tons of people playing CS: Source already, which means they bought the steam pack or maybe ATi voucher?

While CS:S is buggy, it's still great. I'd pay $50 for it alone, but i'm a long-time CS fan to begin with. The silver pack has soooo much replay value.

Potentially the most gripping and enjoyable SP game + Revision of the best MP game ever + Another AAA game + revision of the game that raised the bar, HL1 + All previous steam games = gamer's orgasm. :clap: :clap: :clap:

It goes without saying, i got silver.

CandymanCan said:
Ok so bronze has HL2 and CS:S and how much is it? It better not be over or $60, if it is im not buying it. Was talking to a few friends who were as mad at the prices as i am, and thier ganan buy Halo 2 instead.

Go ahead, don't buy it then, your missing out not us.

People are always willing to spend crap loads on a killer PC, to run 3dmark, yet won't pay 40quid for a game, lol. :rolleyes:

Back