• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hard-Core Gamer Food, Drinks and Tips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
a lot of these XD

keeps you up and running all the time

i don't know how to say it but . . .
cereals tend to make you go to the bathroom a little bit too often
(and that's not HARDCORE!)

It's because they are high in fiber most of the time. Those cheerios definitely are high in fiber. Cereal also may satisfy you more because as you eat an increased amount of fiber your chemical urge to eat is suppressed.

Care to list some one the things you cook? I do this on occasion, but the only things that I can think of are stew, chili, and lasagna.

Any protein + rice and veg. ...put the protein and veg. portions in plastic containers...heat said containers in microwave...meals for a week.

Seems like some good advice, for the most part. A fan alone doesn't do a whole lot of good in the middle of July-August in the Arizona heat. 115F with no air conditioning can be brutal, and a fan doesn't change the temperature of the air, just helps it to circulate.;)

Seems like some good advice, for the most part. A fan alone doesn't do a whole lot of good in the middle of July-August in the Arizona heat. 115F with no air conditioning can be brutal, and a fan doesn't change the temperature of the air, just helps it to circulate.;)

PSH. What do you know about heat?! Try 120% humidity EVERY DAY. :(

Psh, n00b. I've simply replaced my desk chair with a hole in the floor :D
sorry everybody must read this again =)

It's because they are high in fiber most of the time. Those cheerios definitely are high in fiber. Cereal also may satisfy you more because as you eat an increased amount of fiber your chemical urge to eat is suppressed.
They must be using some sort of drugs in it, because once you start eating them you just want more and more . . .

but fibers . . . are good! =)

For fast gosu meals, I make a package of shin ramyun. It's terrible for you, but features a lot of carbs, salt, water, and various vegetables, and if you boil a few eggs into it, you get some protein as well. Sodium value is way above healthy, so it's probably best that you cut the flavor package in half or so, and I tend to lower the water amount as well so that I'm consuming less salt/water.

For drinking, I usually just drink a sugarfree energy drink of some kind (monster blue, rockstar sugar free, rockstar low carb, etc). These have low sugar value and low carb value so not just adding on weight, have a lot of attention heightening chemicals and for me, they taste better than soda. I actually can't drink soda because of how sticky it makes my mouth/throat feel. It's just disgusting. On occasion it can taste good, but overall, I can't stand the overall effect. Drinking these drinks I genuinely enjoy and they make me happy. healthy or not. :)

Basically, any crap meal you eat like ramen, supplement with eggs and reduce the flavor packages and you get a healthier version that tastes better and has much more nutritional value. (or meat and veggies but if you're like me you don't have chicken just sitting around).

Guys joking or not, take a decent length break at least once per hour. Go do something. Then come back. All this stuff is bad for you. Don't we all watch South Park?

Guys joking or not, take a decent length break at least once per hour. Go do something. Then come back. All this stuff is bad for you. Don't we all watch South Park?

I do that anyway, I have ADD when it comes to games. Can't go for more than an hour or two playing a game before I quit, then I usually go to the bathroom and walk around a little before I decide what game to play next. Kind of why the only LAN party I really liked was one where the host was just like me and after an hour and a half said "screw it, plugging the router into my cable modem and you guys can do what you want."

ad think you were a pro-gamer by this post.

what to eat, drink n ps: what dosnt put crumbs in your keyboard haha.

a back pf roasted nuts, hot cocoa n choc n chips... mmmm ps: pizza dinner ;)

ad think you were a pro-gamer by this post.

what to eat, drink n ps: what dosnt put crumbs in your keyboard haha.

a back pf roasted nuts, hot cocoa n choc n chips... mmmm ps: pizza dinner ;)

A greasy mouse or keyboard is no fun either!

Most of what i'm referring to is MMO's, back when i played FFXI if you stepped away from a group to much or to long, you were kicked, specially the really good one's it isn't as much of an issue as it used to be, but i have found myself in the same group in Aion for several hours, like Steel Rake, a full clear can take 4 hours with a good group, i'm not talking about these games that have 20-30 minute matches or single player games that you can pause or save, at least not entirely, though i have found myself consumed in some RPGs before, Just one more Level, Just ONE MORE LEVEL!

In all seriousness, a lot of the elitist groups don't want you going AFK for very long, so preparing for it is key, you say F'em, but if you want to explore the content without being in a ****ty group, you got to be prepared to not be dead weight. In some form or another i am an elitist, i typically have some of the best gear soon or near it's initial release, and i don't want to spend days and hours sitting here trying to get it for me or you, so have your crap together and support the team.

Healers take more frequent breaks than anyone else. Fact!

Last edited:
Back