• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hard tube - fitting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JustAli

Registered
Hello after like 3 leaks from my first loop i have decided to look whats wrong and i probably know what is wrong here. To be sure i want to ask you, I need to fit tube inside fitting like into bottom where starts hexagonal right? If so do you have any tips how to get it here easily? I can fit it in the bottom only with kind a big force. ( I use 13/10 from Alphacool ).

Is the tube from the same brand, sometimes different brand parts have different tolerances.
Have you chamfered the edges?
Also check the o-rings.

Oh yes its same brand but first time i didnt chamfered edges so it was problem but still when i do it now its kind a hard to get it inside it, so i dont know if is some easy way how to do it or i must use force for it.

If you're having a hard time to get the tubing as far as it will go inside, then either your fittings or tubing is the wrong size period. I would recheck. I'm sure you already did, but it shouldn't take alot of strength to push the tubing in. It should slip right in with ease....and yes that's what SHE said! :rofl:

Thanks for help guys i already finish it do you think 3 hours leak test is enough or i should test it for 24.

You don't need that much time, once full circulation is achieved check for leaks, if you don't have them then you are good to go for the ultimate test. Stress test the loop with a heavy load, to generate heat and see if a higher pressure in the loop will leak in any weak point, 10 min of prime95 will do. I know that leak test with the system on is scary but if you have paper towel where it matters even if it leaks you can avoid any damage because it will probably be a very small leak.

Ok thanks, iam just scared because 3 times tube was pulled out of fitting but i didnt put it right inside fitting so it should be ok. My pump is going on 100% so I think loop is ok, so thanks for help i really appreciate it.

Back