• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hardline without bending?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

draza47

Registered
So I am completely new to hardline tubing watercooling and I understand that going with a no bends loop is going to require more fittings therefore more money however I am fine with this.
I just need help figuring this all out though because when it comes time to redo my loop I wanna swap to hardline.
I just need to know EXACTLY what parts to get and a good idea for how my loop is going to be.
I have a Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
360 Rad in the front
1 Cpu
1 Gpu
If someone could give me a list of fittings and what not to go with and a really basic loop order that would be AWESOME!
For sizes, I guess i'll go with 13mm. But am not sure if it really matters or what I should go with.

Attachments

• SETUP.jpg
    SETUP.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 981
  • CA031PT_113408_800x800.jpg
    CA031PT_113408_800x800.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 694
Last edited:
This is the way I did it and may differ from other more experienced users around:
Set everything up as you want it to be and start measuring for the length at the tubing. Make a picture of the build with all the blocks and draw tubes on there and add fittings.
Stick to 1 brand of tubing and fittings to prevent incompatible components, I used EK fittings myself and they look nice, but it's all about preference. There shouldn't be much difference between the big manufacturers like alphacool, ekw etc. If you want cheaper fittings you can shop for barrow, didn't read bad news about em yet.
What kind of tubes do you want: Petg, acrylic, glass or metal?
If you want gpu and CPU in your loop consider atleast a 360 but prefably 2x 240/280 per component.
Loop order: radiator, pump/Res, hpu, CPU (order for CPU and GPU doesn't matter, aslong you have the pump/Res after the radiators).
If you want a quiet system stick to D5 pump and 3/8 inner tubing, imo best looking tubing in terms of aesthetics. You could go with a bay reservoir to minimalize the interior since a tube reservoir takes up alot place.

Last edited:
May or may not be helpful... You're not going to get a 100% accurate parts lists for a no bends hardline loop unless someone has done it in the exact same case using the exact same hardware. If you plan well, you should be able to come up with the # of fittings, 90's, and female to female adapters. On top of that, I suggested picking up half a dozen rotory 45's, a few male to male adapters, and an assortment of various size extensions. Drain valve and fill port optional, but does make life easier.

No bends hardline is pretty bling if that's what you're going for, but don't be afraid of bending. I watched a few YouTube videos and did a pretty good job first try... I'm now on like my 10th hardline loop maybe? Super fun.

Last edited:
Back