• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hardware sales heads-up (not for trading)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I still haven't got either of my refunds back. So much for bitcoin being almost instant. Pretty disappointed in coinbase and, in myself for my own evening of fail.

I had enough bitcoin to buy 2 290s. On my first transaction, I clicked back before i confirmed, so when I went back to confirm, the address changed and I could not confirm the transaction. So that BTC has evaporated into coinbase...
Then I cancelled a 2x270 purchase, hoping to get a 290 instead. Still haven't gotten that back either...
Another disappointing thing about overstock, is that there is state sales tax, because their HQ is here in Utah.

I still haven't got either of my refunds back. So much for bitcoin being almost instant. Pretty disappointed in coinbase and, in myself for my own evening of fail.

I had enough bitcoin to buy 2 290s. On my first transaction, I clicked back before i confirmed, so when I went back to confirm, the address changed and I could not confirm the transaction. So that BTC has evaporated into coinbase...
Then I cancelled a 2x270 purchase, hoping to get a 290 instead. Still haven't gotten that back either...
Another disappointing thing about overstock, is that there is state sales tax, because their HQ is here in Utah.

I've decided to just buy with cash then convert my BTC into cash as I need to. Ideally the BTC purchase method would be flawless, but until that becomes true I'm sticking with p2p transfers and cash-outs.

I've decided to just buy with cash then convert my BTC into cash as I need to. Ideally the BTC purchase method would be flawless, but until that becomes true I'm sticking with p2p transfers and cash-outs.

It's very convenient to buy with BTC. It's how I bought my 270x.

No issues, and very fast. Hopefully buying with BTC will be a mainstream idea in the near future. :)

I have bought from overstock with bitcoins a few times already without any issues. Pretty much both problems are my fault but, it should be easier to get both resolved. Perhaps I have to wait until usual business hours to get a resolution, so I won't even try until monday.

nice find. I went ahead and grabbed 2. Just in case the overstock order doesn't pan out. tax is a byotch though.

If it wasn't visiontek I'd probably be all over it. My visiontek 280x just died on my after 1 week of mining :-/ Not much faith in visiontek at the moment.

If it wasn't visiontek I'd probably be all over it. My visiontek 280x just died on my after 1 week of mining :-/ Not much faith in visiontek at the moment.

Looks like it's a reference PCB so the only thing visiontek would be involved in would be the RMA process.

my reference visiontek 7950 took over 2 months to get rma, but it was right in the middle of the shortage and the massive demand.

if only they shipped to EU :( nice deals there, i esp like the 280

holy balls, that offer is even available on the dell canada site... free shipping and everything... **** me thats tempting... i wonder if i can find a spare $400 somewhere..

Back