• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Harmony+MCE IR adapter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jstutman

I was going to buy a remote/IR from ebay, and then I read that the harmony can do it, with an IR adapter. I want to link a combo I found and then I wanted to post here and hope someone can link/post me one's they know will work with the harmony.

yes, it will work. just tell the Harmony you are using a MCE HTPC, that's it! in fact, you don't even need a remote+receiver combo, all you'll need just the IR receiver. this is what I've got for all of my HTPCs (MCE IR receiver + Harmony).

Good to know, thanks. I got a Harmony 720 for cheap so this will work nicely.

Thanks, The IR blaster is the same thing, the tivo uses to control the cable box right?

Is there any difference to be found in the larger IR recievers and the small ones?

I would like the smaller IR reciever, but if it affects the range or anything....I will go fo a larger one.

Back