• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone run GAT fully on 800Mhz cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mattspalace said:
Currently Abit motherboards will not do any higher than 255fsb with a 1:1 ratio. -No matter what memory you've got.. Several online sources have also backed this up and is hoping Abit will incorporate a fix for this in future bios'.

Yea...I noticed that the performance is NOT consistent...I can run my system at 1:1 and 2 2 2 5 ...rock stable at 195 fsb...but as soon as I drop it to 3 3 3 7 or something...crashed!!!

There seems to be some inconsistent performance with this board. I'm just wondering if it's same with the IC7 too

mattspalace said:
Currently Abit motherboards will not do any higher than 255fsb with a 1:1 ratio. -No matter what memory you've got.. Several online sources have also backed this up and is hoping Abit will incorporate a fix for this in future bios'.

But then again you're asking for some seriously fast mem...that's DDR510.... currently, only DDR500 is available and it's barely new

Yeah, I just bought a dual-channel kit of Geil Golden Dragon PC4000 from Newegg. I've been waiting patiently for PC4000 for a couple of months now, and I couldn't turn down the price. -$154 shipped. timings are CL2.5 4-4-7

mattspalace said:
Yeah, I just bought a dual-channel kit of Geil Golden Dragon PC4000 from Newegg. I've been waiting patiently for PC4000 for a couple of months now, and I couldn't turn down the price. -$154 shipped. timings are CL2.5 4-4-7

Let us know if you can break that 250 fsb barriers...just let us know of your progress.......Thx

mattspalace said:
I'll be sure to post results, as a lot of people seem to have their eye on this memory.

Got mine on them all right...:drool: Geil also has a DDR533 dual channel kit for $165 on newegg, and the timings are 3-4-4-8

Is there any difference between the Ultra Series PC4000 and the Golden Dragon PC4000? The prices and timings are the same.

Yeah, and Newegg's product description is incorrect.

The Golden Dragon PC4000 uses 4.5ns chips
The Ultra Platinum PC4000 uses 3.5ns chips

I found this through Geil's website. Needless to say I canx my order for the Golden Dragon and will be getting the Ultra Platinum instead.

Re: Has anyone run GAT fully on IS7 and 800Mhz cpu?

therudyq3 said:
There's been some questions whether you can run GAT fully enabled (that's option street Racer and F1 with auto, auto, enabled, enabled) with 800 Mhz cpu at mem ratio 5:4

Some of use only been able to run GAT at 1:1 ratio, which means we had to set the fsb at a much lower setting. To run GAT at 5:4 ratio, just hasn't worked...

I just wanted to know if thsi is the case and whether the latest BIOS fixed this....(BIOS 15)

Thx

Hi All,

My first post here, just discovered this forum!

I got my IS7 in mid-July and have been running GAT on street racer, with an FSB at 267, 5:4. I set the memory voltage to 2.8V and timings at 2-3-3-7.

The clincher with the IS7 "seems" to be that you need to have the best of RAM and for whatever reason Corsair seems to have problems. I started with 512Mb of PC3200 Corsair and the board would only run at bare minimal settings. I even swapped a bunch of emails with Ram Guy over at the Corsair forums and we couldn't get it to work right. I ended up with 2 X 256 Kingston PC3500 and as soon as I dropped it in GAT, overclocking and dual-channel mode was perfect. The only problem I have now is that 267 seems to be my limit, it won't boot at 270, while all the other guys seem to be hitting 292 or better with no problem. But then, I'm air-cooled, so this might be the limiting factor.

Other than this I've read a lot that Mushkin and OCZ works better than Kingston, tighter timings, higher FSB, etc.

HTH,
Mark

Re: Re: Has anyone run GAT fully on IS7 and 800Mhz cpu?

straybeat said:

Hi All,

My first post here, just discovered this forum!

I got my IS7 in mid-July and have been running GAT on street racer, with an FSB at 267, 5:4. I set the memory voltage to 2.8V and timings at 2-3-3-7.

The clincher with the IS7 "seems" to be that you need to have the best of RAM and for whatever reason Corsair seems to have problems. I started with 512Mb of PC3200 Corsair and the board would only run at bare minimal settings. I even swapped a bunch of emails with Ram Guy over at the Corsair forums and we couldn't get it to work right. I ended up with 2 X 256 Kingston PC3500 and as soon as I dropped it in GAT, overclocking and dual-channel mode was perfect. The only problem I have now is that 267 seems to be my limit, it won't boot at 270, while all the other guys seem to be hitting 292 or better with no problem. But then, I'm air-cooled, so this might be the limiting factor.

Other than this I've read a lot that Mushkin and OCZ works better than Kingston, tighter timings, higher FSB, etc.

HTH,
Mark

What's your temp at idle?....yea, if you're on water cool, you may gain anywhere from 100 Mhz to 200Mhz.

The problem you're describing sounds exactly like what one of my friend is goinf through with his Corsair. He has a 2.4B SL6RZ Malay L and he can only get it to work ay 3.0.

The 2.4B SL6RZ Malay L historucally done very well above 3.9 so his Corsair may be the cause. However, he may have gotten a bad week, you just never know.

Re: Re: Re: Has anyone run GAT fully on IS7 and 800Mhz cpu?

therudyq3 said:

What's your temp at idle?....yea, if you're on water cool, you may gain anywhere from 100 Mhz to 200Mhz.

The problem you're describing sounds exactly like what one of my friend is goinf through with his Corsair. He has a 2.4B SL6RZ Malay L and he can only get it to work ay 3.0.

The 2.4B SL6RZ Malay L historucally done very well above 3.9 so his Corsair may be the cause. However, he may have gotten a bad week, you just never know.

My temp at idle runs 39 to 40C, sometimes it will drop to 35. Under load 55 is the highest I ever hit after gaming all day, usually it will run 48 to 50 for a few hours of gaming. I'm running a Volcano 7+ and AS Ceramique for cooling. Don't want to get into water, too much expense, lack of knowledge and lack of room for me.

I had read tons of posts 2 or 3 months ago about Corsair and IS7's. There actually was a technical reason why they don't work well together, but I don't recall the specifics now. But it took me a whole night just to get Windows to run stable and that was like at 3-8-4-4 settngs with GAT off, of course.

At this point I just wish I could get over the 270 FSB limit, but I'm happy for now. My last system was a P4-1.5, Socket 423, sooo... :p It really seems the Kingston is my stopper now, although I've read that some guys are running higher just fine with it. So I'm really trying to figure out if it's the Kingston for sure or if I just got a 2.4 that isn't going to go any higher?

So the 2 things I'm tinkering with at this point is the 270 FSB and F1 in GAT. I've played around a little, but haven't gotten completely serious about it yet.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Has anyone run GAT fully on IS7 and 800Mhz cpu?

straybeat said:

My temp at idle runs 39 to 40C, sometimes it will drop to 35. Under load 55 is the highest I ever hit after gaming all day, usually it will run 48 to 50 for a few hours of gaming. I'm running a Volcano 7+ and AS Ceramique for cooling. Don't want to get into water, too much expense, lack of knowledge and lack of room for me.

I had read tons of posts 2 or 3 months ago about Corsair and IS7's. There actually was a technical reason why they don't work well together, but I don't recall the specifics now. But it took me a whole night just to get Windows to run stable and that was like at 3-8-4-4 settngs with GAT off, of course.

At this point I just wish I could get over the 270 FSB limit, but I'm happy for now. My last system was a P4-1.5, Socket 423, sooo... :p It really seems the Kingston is my stopper now, although I've read that some guys are running higher just fine with it. So I'm really trying to figure out if it's the Kingston for sure or if I just got a 2.4 that isn't going to go any higher?

So the 2 things I'm tinkering with at this point is the 270 FSB and F1 in GAT. I've played around a little, but haven't gotten completely serious about it yet.

Well, before i put my water rig on, my max temp was around 55C to 60C or even slightly higher...and this was running prime95..

After I installed my water rig (after recieving my rma water block), my max temp drop down to 47C..and of course, I achieve another 100 to 200 Mhz...Now, I'm on a 2.4B cpu with teh IS7. But still, I think better cooling can help you squeeze a little more out of your cpu/system.

Now, the F1 setting does stress out your mem quite a bit. so you're really pushing it. Not too many people can run it at F1 unless their fsb is low. Only turbo option can provides some enhancements with little stressing of the memory.

I've heard that CW based boards built by Epox are capable of running GAT with 5:4 ratio, some ppl even posted sandra memory benchmark pics with ~7000/7000

How do you know if you have GAT enabled???
Under memory spec in CPUZ.. the "Performance Mode" is disable... does it mean.. no GAT?
I do have GAT enabled with street racer..

I would like to add that my IC7 doesn't run GAT fully at anything but 1:1 ratio. Guess it's just an Abit thing that keeps GAT from running stable when the ratio is changed to something other than 1:1

MDboyz said:
How do you know if you have GAT enabled???
Under memory spec in CPUZ.. the "Performance Mode" is disable... does it mean.. no GAT?
I do have GAT enabled with street racer..

Yeah, absolutely the same here :eek: Mine will freeze before the Verifying DMI Pool thing, as everyone's I think.

Back