• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hauppauge WinTV HVR 1600 NTSC/ATSC Combo (Solved)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alaric

After a slew of MS updates (Win 7 x64) my TV tuner card ceased to function. Media Center says it can't find the tuner and I get the following from the Properties tag in Device Manager Device Manager.JPG In the 'General' tab it adds Code 12 to the same message. The system diagram in AMD Overdrive shows only my graphics card on the PCIe tree.
I tried a system restore to go back before the last group of updates and that got the card to show back up in Device Manager , but that's all. My mobo only has one PCI 1 slot so I can't try another slot. I'm open to suggestions. I tried reinstalling drivers (and got a message the tuner can't be found) , pulled the card and reinstalled it , and tried all the profanity I know. :bang head

Last edited:
So you think it's the tuner ? Besides finances right now , a USB unit wouldn't work for me. I'm in a lousy spot for reception and use an amplified antenna over coax for signals.
The timing really sux for this. It leaves me without TV completely. My internet connection has a hard time with gaming and I do like The Big Bang Theory. LOL
I'm still trying to figure out the "resources" message. I can't tell if it is the card or the PCI slot , or if the updates did something bad.

Oh, the antenna is optional. It connects to cable TV coax as well. I just have an extra Comcast set top box dedicated for this. Or you could just use a switchable splitter.

I don't have a cable box. I just use the antenna and Media Center. MC is the only program that works with the tuner if you don't have the @#^%&*! Ten dollar CD.

How do I tag this thread 'Solved' ? Apparently , all I had to do was take everything apart , look at the part in question thoughtfully , and reassemble it. Scratching the chin may or may not be optional. I dunno. I'm calling it a win. Thanks for the help , though. I will definitely consider the USB dongle if this card does give out. :thup:

To add "Solved" just click on the Go Adanced button and edit the thread title. Wish I had a five spot for every time I got something working but didn't have a clue as to how I did it.

Back