• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have a Problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Open bench, no case. Also how do I change priority on the smp to low?

The default priority for FAH clients (all fah clients), is "idle". "Idle" is called "low" in task manager.

In the systray smp client, you can use the "configure" options page. Click on the FAH icon and select "configure", and then select "advanced".

In the console client, you can either start the client with the -configonly startup flag, or you can delete your client.cfg file, so lots of ways, but you have to get to the setup questions.

Answer your questions, and then when it asks "Change Advanced Options?" answer yes.

The core priority [idle or low] will be the first or second question in Advanced Options.

Remember that FAH's "idle" == Task Manager's "low", and FAH's "low" == Task Manager's "Below Normal".

Now! Aren't you glad you asked!! :p :p :p

I could more helpful explaining these things, if you would just

**GET YOUR HARDASS OUTTA MY REAR-VIEW MIRROR, AND OFF MY THREAT LIST**

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:
Idle is lower than task managers low. Task manager reports a FAH client set to either low or idle in config as low.

To be a little more clear, in FAH config, we set the thread priority. Task manager reports the process priority. Idle in FAH is THREAD_PRIORITY_IDLE, while low in FAH config is THREAD_PRIORITY_LOWEST. Both result in Taskmanager reporting low process priority.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help, got 2 cards and smp running on 2 rigs. Now I need to get a handle on running 3 cards in one of the 780i. Tried once and had problems. I should be able to follow guide here and just add 1 more folder correct?

Thanks for all the help, got 2 cards and smp running on 2 rigs. Now I need to get a handle on running 3 cards in one of the 780i. Tried once and had problems. I should be able to follow guide here and just add 1 more folder correct?

As long as you don't have heat or power issues, it should work a treat.

I just copy over the c:\GPUx directory and rename it. Delete the contents of the work directory and queue.dat and client.cfg.

Then take the shortcut an copy it and change the GPU identifier and you should be good to go.

As long as you don't have heat or power issues, it should work a treat.

I just copy over the c:\GPUx directory and rename it. Delete the contents of the work directory and queue.dat and client.cfg.

Then take the shortcut an copy it and change the GPU identifier and you should be good to go.

Will try this, I plan to run Dual PSU's on this rig. Bought the adapter needed to do so. As for heat, the 9800 will be water cooled. Just hope they all fit.:)

Will try this, I plan to run Dual PSU's on this rig. Bought the adapter needed to do so. As for heat, the 9800 will be water cooled. Just hope they all fit.:)

With watercooling and plenty of power, I don't see you having a problem then. Good luck!

Back