• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having Difficulties OCing FX -4100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Read some threads about my mobo and they said the rev 1 don't have it, so I guess no oc for me. I'm going Intel in a few months I guess. Sigh

I got a Rev 2, I believe, so I must have gotten lucky by waiting. Bought it from Newegg about a month ago, and have not updated the BIOS or Firmware.

Could you get it with a BIOS / Firmware flash? Might be worth a shot because the 990FX UD3 is a very future-proof AMD board for right now.

I think OP said he already flashed the bios and that's when his problems set in in earnest.

I checked multiple bios versions, all of them did not let me up the voltage properly.

According to CPU-Z my NB Revision is 02, my SB Revision is 40.

What are yours?

According to CPU-Z my NB Revision is 02, my SB Revision is 40.

What are yours?
Those should be the same for every board with the same chipsets. The NB chipset and SB chipset don't really go through major revision changes.

Anyway, the Gigabyte 900-series line added LLC with PCB Revision 1.1+

My Revision number, in that case, is designated as x.x in CPU-Z. I'll check the BIOS.

My Revision number, in that case, is designated as x.x in CPU-Z. I'll check the BIOS.
How about checking your board?
Gigabyte website and I believe your motherboard manual also tell you how to check your revision number.

It is silk-screened in the bottom left-hand corner of your motherboard. ie. "REV: 1.0".

Dammit it is a rev 1
Thought so.

There is a hard mod, which requires a soldering iron and steady hand, however it turns the vdroop into a considerable vgain, with no adjustments.

I'd try to RMA the board with gigabyte because of their crappy products...:rolleyes: Rev 1.1, pretty much the only thing that was changed across the line was the VRM, addition of many resistors to the circuit for selectable LLC in bios.

I think I might just wait for Black Friday and get a intel cpu/mobo, kinda sad bulldozer is meh.

Back