• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

having problems with over clocking a 148 opteron

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

3vil_l337

Registered
OK heres the the deal i bought all of this for less then $700 so its not really that high end. but anyway. i have a cab2e 148. biostar sli board. geil ddr400 512mb(dual channel 2 stick) and some rather low end heatsink for now. well anywho. the psu has a good 24amps on the 12volt rail and lots on the others. now when i turn down multis on the ram and the proc and HTT. i can only get the fsb 270. i had to make a new heatsink for the nb/sb (was hitting 60oC now only 35oC) so.... what should i do? the proc temps are only around 48oC full load like this. but i cant get anything more then 270 out of this. not even 275. i get no posting.... any ideas would be nice. know my proc temps are a little high, but im aiming for the highest fsb i can get on this board first.
thank you
3vil

yeah i kinda guess so. but it does have the nforce 4 sli chipset, it stays below 40oC and has a totaly of 1.7 volts going to it. any idea of what componte of the board is laking? like mosfets or the ram mosfets or what? anyhelp is needed whanted. im gong to mount HS's on all mosfets etc... just need to know the best mounting method, tim and superglue? or a heattrasfer epox, or what? thank you for your help.
3vil_l337

1.7 Vcore Ouch!!! :mad:

HTT: I would recommend using x3 till you hit 330mhz

Ram: run memtest for a while you might need to loosen timing or add voltage to be able to go higher.

CPU: I got a 148 too and I'm currently running it at 11x265 so try to see if you can get higher multi instrad of higher fsb, might not be as satisfying as a frequency of 300mhz+ but you still reek in some benefit from the higher OC.

Back