• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD 6950 aftermarket cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brolloks

Benching Senior on Siesta, Premium Member #8
Boy oh boy... I would have to say the accelero one from Frozen. Those are solid products.

Unfortunately, all those coolers are 3-slot solutions. I don't know of any 2-slot coolers off hand, I'll have to dig around.

With the stacked DVI connectors on your vid card, the only one that looks to me like it will fit is the Accelero TWIN TURBO II from Frozen, Edmund. I don't think the others will clear those connectors on that vid card. And looking at the layout of the TT II, you still have a little bit of room to trim the fins if you still get interference when fitting it on. The new vid cards with the stacked DVI connectors make it hard top go with aftermarket air cooling I find.

Good call Jim, thanks
Yeah I dont why they stack the DVI connectors, not very practical IMO from a cooler perspective

Yeah, it definitely interferes with the majority of the aftermarket coolers out at present. I guess they went to stacking them since they have been adding all the other outputs on the back of the video cards today for driving multiple monitors and feeding output to tv's as such.

The Scythe Setsugen 2 is 2-slot. It doesn't look too beefy though, and has a thin 120x12mm fan.

That's the only thing I've found so far...

Those are 3-slot coolers too, AXP and Twin Turbo Pro.

The AXP II makes sure to remove enough fins for the stacked DVI, the AXP doesn't fit all cards with stacked DVI.

I just ordered the Twin Turbo Pro
I think I will put the 2nd card on the lower slot that will have the 3-slot cooler, the other 6950 has a good 2 slot stock cooler

Back