• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HEAT WAVE!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eroc

As many of you may know there is a massive heat wave across the country especially here in TX. With 34 days and counting of 100F+ temps, it is finally taking its toll on the power grid.

Until the heat wave passes or the power grid is out of danger of rolling blackouts, I will be suspending SETI crunching during the hottest (and most power-consuming part of the day). I chose between 1000 and 1800. I will also be turning the thermostat up a bit (warmer). It will save some energy cost for me personally and most importantly do my part to conserve energy for the greater good.

Here's to some rain!!! :rain: Come on cool front!!! :beer:

As many of you may know there is a massive heat wave across the country especially here in TX. With 34 days and counting of 100F+ temps, it is finally taking its toll on the power grid.

Until the heat wave passes or the power grid is out of danger of rolling blackouts, I will be suspending SETI crunching during the hottest (and most power-consuming part of the day). I chose between 1000 and 1800. I will also be turning the thermostat up a bit (warmer). It will save some energy cost for me personally and most importantly do my part to conserve energy for the greater good.

Guess a plant failed somewhere? The heat has backed off a bit here in Ms... it's nothing special though. Still at least hitting 100F every day.

I've done the same thing this month, fewer rigs turned on, thermostat turned up. Not fun.

Power grid had a small failure that has been resolved. The main issue is just the sheer magnitude of energy usage during this heat wave.

Back