• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rebuilding my HEPC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Decided to go with better memory, did some swapping. This thing takes 1 to 2 hours to install and remove. I do not want to chance it. Screenshot_20220629-100706_Gallery.jpg

I use and really like PLEX too. PLEX is built into my Visio TV and it installed easily onto my desktop, laptop, phone and tablet. As long as I have internet/intranet, I have my media.

I use and really like PLEX too. PLEX is built into my Visio TV and it installed easily onto my desktop, laptop, phone and tablet. As long as I have internet/intranet, I have my media.
I have used plex and it serves its purpose but I am trying to find something that will allow multiple functions in one program.

Burn, rip, audio, video, images... and play plastic (my new term for optical these days) up to 4k blu ray.

Also video editing...

I don't like any of those things other than ripping my own "plastic". I got nothin'. :)

Let me know if you find this magical program. Between Plex and Video Pad Editor I have all of those bases covered, but it's not an All-In-One solution.

Let me know if you find this magical program. Between Plex and Video Pad Editor I have all of those bases covered, but it's not an All-In-One solution.
What is this Video Pad Editor, of witch you speak?

Last edited:
Okay, I have changed power supplies, RAM, video cards, rebuilt the system, changed power chords... it worked fine where I did the setups but kept losing video when installed... figured it out.

Anyone care to guess? this has been a real learning experience. Think I need to have a + added behind my title.

This is what I like, Space Battleship Yamato on the BIG screen. Nice rumbling bass in the comfort of my easy chair. Screenshot_20220630-011229_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
I remember that ship from Space Odyssey WW23. Great show. :escape:
I would use the TV menu to set it back to factory defaults and see if that changes anything. On My Visio, I had to do that twice in a row before the settings actually took. I was then able to adjust what I wanted and things have been smooth. <knock wood>

Clearly this is a video image quality issue so the culprits will be the video card, video cable and TV. Resetting the TV will help to isolate the issue. If a factory reset changes the picture, then that's where the problem is/was. However, if it does not change the picture, it does NOT rule the TV out.

I remember that ship from Space Odyssey WW23. Great show. :escape:
I would use the TV menu to set it back to factory defaults and see if that changes anything. On My Visio, I had to do that twice in a row before the settings actually took. I was then able to adjust what I wanted and things have been smooth. <knock wood>

Clearly this is a video image quality issue so the culprits will be the video card, video cable and TV. Resetting the TV will help to isolate the issue. If a factory reset changes the picture, then that's where the problem is/was. However, if it does not change the picture, it does NOT rule the TV out.
Low quality video. You can only do so much.

This is DVD. LOW RES IMAGE FROM PHONE CAM.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220630-120552_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220630-120552_Gallery.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20220630-120625_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220630-120625_Gallery.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 4
I gotta hold up here. What issue is there? 'cause I don't see it. Maybe due to being color-blind but I understand they are low res screen captures but I don't know that I see a problem.

What am I looking at?

I gotta hold up here. What issue is there? 'cause I don't see it. Maybe due to being color-blind but I understand they are low res screen captures but I don't know that I see a problem.

What am I looking at?
Those are photos of the TV from about 12 feet.

The first shot of the Yamato was from a not so good divx.

Back