• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

heater core corroded

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kozmicblu

Registered
so my heater core finally bit the dust and corrded, does anyone know where i would be able to get another modded heater core, ive briefly looked online but wasnt able to come up with anything, if anyone knows where i could get another let me know. the current one that i was using was off a 77 boneville with a/c. Any thoughts would be helpful. thx

I'm assuming you're using this in a watercooling loop... why not buy an actual radiator??

What size heater core? You can get them from pretty much any part store for under $40.
And you can mod them pretty easy, fittings aren't that expensive and you can get the push lock type that require very little work.

I'm assuming you're using this in a watercooling loop... why not buy an actual radiator??

I agree with Atminside. Radiators designed for this purpose are cheap enough now that using a modified heater core does not make a lot of sense unless you are doing it for looks or to fit a specific purpose.

Back