• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heating problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmh474

Registered
Please help me i have over heating problems, the cpu seems to sitting at about 69c and thats idle there is no overclocking going on as iv reset the overclock because of this problem all fans are working no dust in the system i was getting readings of 45c in idle but over the last few days the temp have just shot up for unknown reasons?? iv even took the side panel off to see if that help but still nothing everything else seems to be ok its just the cpu any advice would be grate thanks.

Do you have a different ( stock) cooler you can check it out with. My first guess if nothing else had changed would be a failure with the AC freezer, just make sure it's fan is cycling up as it should. May have developed a leak in one of the heat pipes.

Get a new cooler or RMA that one if it's still covered.

1. Perhaps the heatsink compound has dried out over time and is now insulating rather than conducting heat from cpu to the cooler.

2. I never really got to where I liked the Freezer 7 as it was a task to get it to lock-down straight onto the top of cpu and if you moved the case the clamping pressure was weak and the cpu cooler could shift. Have you moved the case receently?
RGone...

1. Perhaps the heatsink compound has dried out over time and is now insulating rather than conducting heat from cpu to the cooler.

2. I never really got to where I liked the Freezer 7 as it was a task to get it to lock-down straight onto the top of cpu and if you moved the case the clamping pressure was weak and the cpu cooler could shift. Have you moved the case receently?
RGone...

Yea, my first thought was take it off and reapply new compound and put it back on.

Are you completely sure the cpu fan is running at normal speed? The other fans don't matter much, that one is crucial.

Could you download and install HWMonitor (non pro version) on your computer and let us know what the max "vcore" reading is? I'm wondering if some voltage regulation component on the motherboard has gone bad and the CPU is just getting too much juice?

Back