• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HeatSink Coolermaster 212 Plus or Evo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i think the only difference is the fans. The "Evo" says it has more CFM. by just alittle.. And the "Evo" supports more sockets.. thats the only thing i can tell between them.. Hence the higher price. :\

The EVO is just a little more refined. The heatpipes don't have gaps between them like the 212+ does, it has a different fan, and I think they somehow cut the weight down a bit too, but that might be mostly in the different fan. Although they have about the same cooling performance from all that I could find out about it when I was looking for a cooler (hence the reason I went with the less expensive 212+).

Find pics or swing by a Microcenter and look at where they contact the CPU -- you will see the difference. The 212+ has big grooves between the pipes, while the Evo has the pipes nice and tight together and is flat. The contact is much better.

Will it make a huge difference? Probably not, but if you can get them for nearly the same price why go with the older design?

The EVO is a more efficient heatsink than the Plus. It's worth the extra money, IMO.

And this thread is taking a ride over to the Cooling forum, where it should have been posted. :)

mudd

I ran a 212 EVO for a while before I built my custom loop, It was a great cooler; It kept my 4.5GHZ 2500k at ~40c idle and ~60 at load. For the price it is a great cooler.

Back