• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heatsink manufacturers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

P A U L

Registered
Does anyone have a preferred manufacturer of copper heatsinks? Anyone have a proper source for graphene heatsinks?

I need itty bitty heatsinks for the "MOFSET" and "VRM" for my GPU because I have replaced the stock fan with an AIO and the flat black dies are naked.

I've seen alphacool. But I never heard of that brand before. But I also never shopped for a heatsink before lol. ANytime I needed a heatsink the hardware came with a bag full (like the old Arctic Accelero GPU fans).

Have you used alphacool stuff before? :unsure:

what about graphene? i've read claims that they're significantly better at heat dissipation but i can't find any graphene heatsinks.

and if i do, they're graphene "coated"

also, what's with some heatsinks that are aluminum with copper between the die and aluminum? :unsure:

I have never seen an all Graphene sink. I have messed with Graphene thermal pads, and they ain't much better than good TIM so...............

Look for all copper sinks.

Agreed with above, Enzotech or Alphacool will work fine. I've used both and currently use Alphacool parts in my water loop. Both good companies. Buying off brand cheapo versions will get you bad thermal tape on the bottom so I would stick with a good brand.

Agreed with above, Enzotech or Alphacool will work fine. I've used both and currently use Alphacool parts in my water loop. Both good companies. Buying off brand cheapo versions will get you bad thermal tape on the bottom so I would stick with a good brand.
I don't use the tape on any of em.
A little bit of TIM and a small (and I mean small) super glue dot on opposite corners works very nice.
If you need to remove them, a firm little twist and they come right off.

I don't use the tape on any of em.
A little bit of TIM and a small (and I mean small) super glue dot on opposite corners works very nice.
If you need to remove them, a firm little twist and they come right off.
you use....super glue between heatsink and chip die? :unsure:

aren't there adhesive thermal tapes/pads?

i'd like to stick a heatsink upside down on my GPU without any native way to have the heatsink bolted down.

A very tiny drop, yes. I have to back in the day.

Yes there are.

Sorry, you want to install a heatsink upside down? That won't work well, you know that, right? It won't have the surface area to get the heat out of the IC it's on if only 'fins' are touching it.

wait. no. lol i don't mean the heatsink itself inverted... but...

i want to stick a large heatsink on the VRM (MOSFET?) of my GPU. they're facing downward. fins will be pointed to the ground, but i need something that will keep the heatsink stuck to the die. the thermal pads i have are basically putty with no stick whatsoever.

won't the super glue impede heat transfer?

i'm afraid without proper strength adhesion, the die's heat and gravity will drop the heatsink.

It ain't gonna fall off.
You have a better chance of it falling off with the crappy tape.
Thermal adhesive, it ain't never coming off again.
Have to weigh out your options.

I think you would want to go with clear stuff, but it might not matter.. I do recall something about the clear being better..

Back