• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heatsink ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

debovenk2002

I have my system below and I am using the standard retail heatsink. The Cpu run's between 90 and 110. I am thinking on getting the Alpha 8492T . Does any one use the alpha with my mobo? and what fans do you use with the alpha?

My System
-----------------------
CoolerMaster ATC-201C-SX2
Asus P4B533-E
P4 2.4B @ 2.70Ghz (Default Voltage)
256MB Corsair PC-2700
ATI AIW Radeon 7500
Maxtor 60GB 7200RPM
Sound Blaster Live! Platinum
Pioneer DVD-117 / HP 9100i CD-RW

The undisputed king(if you are not bothered by the noise) is the 80cfm 52dba Delta fan.

Otherwise I would recommend a sunon(50cfm) or thermaltake's smart fan. :)

Well, the best course of action, obviously, is to sneak into Boeing, and steal a jet engine. Then, cut a large blowhole. Do NOT plug the 3pin connector into the motherboard! There is a chance it could overload it! Plug it into, using an adapter, MOLEX connector. Then, prepare the 500gallon fuel reservoir, and turn on your computer. Make sure you have a jet grill, or keep all pets, people, children, or un-attached objects away from the jet. Do not put hands into the jet, it could hurt you.

If you dont mind paying a few bucks more, Id recommend the Swiftech MCX4000 over the alphapal. The alpha is a blatent ripoff of the Swiftech without some of the copyrighted trademarks of the Swiftech like the helicoid cut prongs. This combined with a few other differences makes the Swiftech a considerably better performer, even with the slower stock fan.

The Swiftech (just like the alpha) has the ability for a 70mm or 80mm fan. It comes standard with a YS tech 70mm fan that operates very quietly and performs very well. If you would like a comparison, go here................

http://www.overclockersonline.com/index.php?page=articles&num=149

You cant go wrong with the Alpha or the swifty, probably boils down to when they can get it to you and the prices involved, throw in a delta 80mm on top whining like a champion, and there you go.

Back