• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hello my fellow oc bros!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
i finally made the jump from amd nut to intel friek!~
all my parts are ordered and paid for as of today.

ive used many peoples opinions,help and guidance and suggestions.but my parts i bought depended on a few simple things.and TY!
1. cheap but has everything and do everything i want.
2.must be able to oc as good as anything around.
3.must be a challenge.

so that said here goes my purchase parts list,btw i named this rig :) in the sig.

epox ep-4ca3+ $130 newegg
2.8e prescott used from forum member
1gig bt-d43 $160 kingston value ram 2x512mb pc 2700
alpha pal 8942 $20
92mm fan VR $15
fsp 530 psu $48.75 newegg refurb

thats just the main guts as the other stuff isnt nessecary to talk about.

i think i will end up with a decent running rig once up and going.
not the fastest nor most expensive.it will end up that way in the end but this is just my starting point.

btw if anyone can deal with high heat the prescott hands out its this old amd guy who ran 2vcore on air on my XP's

all the parts should be on my desk in about a week so wish me luck!

hawtrawkr said:
good luck!

my heat problem with my prescott wasnt so much the cpu itself but the powermosfets
im told the epox has beefed up its mosfets and power regulation just for the mosfets.i even read i think someone said they include ramsinks with the mobo now for that also,i dont know for sure tho.

i have small heatsinks just for occasions like this,ive done my older 8rda's with ramsinks.

also the fsp 530 should allow enough juice to keep everything nice and toasty :)

Back