• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hello! Need MOBO help for an ambitious cooling project!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DorianManhattan

Registered
I just bought the sleek minimalist nzxt s340 mid tower case and I plan to use 2 GTX 980 Ti in it along with an i7 processor and All-In-One water cool all three units. I wanted to use the NZXT Kraken X61 280mm for the i7 processor on the motherboard taking up the air flow from the front of the case, and use two NZXT Kraken X31 for the fan opening on the upper back on the case and the fan opening on the rear-part of the top of the case.

I believe all three of these closed-loop cooling units need power from the motherboard and be connected with plugs/pins. Is there an intel (preferably gaming) motherboard that could control and power all three closed-loop cooling units? Or is this impossible?

Thank you for any help!

It's about the MOBO though, I need to know if there's any pin incompatibility with running the three closed loops.

For the X61, the pump plugs into the same plug you would use for a heatsink/fan, and then there is a plug that comes off of the pump to power the fans.

Now, if you are going to be using two X31's *they use same type of interface,* they do make this: https://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/138-kraken-g10-gpu-bracket.html
There is a video on the page on the product. Other than that, I am not sure, but a molex to 3 or 4 pin adapter?

Anyone else have ideas?

Back