• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hello need some help with building a custom pc.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TrueHearth

So hello all.

I hope I wrote this post in right place.

I have some questions about what would be best build PC for 1000 up to 1200 pounds.

What for I need it for is basically gaming because I'm a scripting games and stuff. Testing them and everything I didn't want to buy already build one because they aren't that good as own made.

My question is what would be best for me..

I thought about :

Processor:
Intel 3rd Generation Core i7-3770K CPU (4 x 3.50GHz, Ivy Bridge, Socket 1155, 8Mb L3 Cache, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)

Motherboard:

AsRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard (Socket 1155, Intel Z77, Up to 32GB DDR3, ATX, 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s, Supports NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX, Premium Gold Caps)

Ram:
Corsair CMY8GX3M2A1600C9B Vengeance Pro Series 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Kit Blue

Cooler:
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (120mm)

But the rest idk.. I would love SSD and stuff but which one is the best idk.

And there is my problem. I want to build as best as I can for that money..
I know I will need 2 monitors maybe some one could do me the best listing whats possible for that money.

With best regards TrueHearth

Id go...

Z87 based motherboard
Ram is fine
Cooler is fine

As far as the rest... the two monitors, is that in your budget? What resolution will you be gaming on? I assume you are not gaming on both monitors?

Thanks! Welcome!

Id go...

Z87 based motherboard
Ram is fine
Cooler is fine

As far as the rest... the two monitors, is that in your budget? What resolution will you be gaming on? I assume you are not gaming on both monitors?

Thanks! Welcome!
Agreed, except for the ram, nothing wrong with the Vengeance sticks but they are really tall and may not fit under the CM 212. I would go with a set of lower heatsinked sticks.

If you building a gaming rig, Id go with an i5, no game or sim I have ever heard makes use of hyper-threading. Save the cash for something else.

BF4 does... I see activity across all threads. I think a couple others do too with more every month really. If he is on a budget, I would agree. But $1600 USD he can get a 4770K assuming the monitors are not part of this endeavor. If it is, than 4670K for sure. :)

Good catch on the ram height ManDr!

Basically it is for a gaming and it is to develop games.. There is a thing.. I need as high performance as possible. But I don't know what would be the best of video cards, coolers and power supply.. Big thanks for your replies.. I thought it all and monitors will be taken without including money on my budget, so basically there is still 1000 to 1200 pounds on budget. Maybe some one could make me full list of it.. I would be so grateful.
N.B.
In one monitor I will script on another one I want to see bugs and stuff.. Working with unity and stuff like that where is high performance needed.

With best regards TrueHearth.

Last edited:
Put this together for you, I didn't shop around looking to see if I could combo anything together which you should do. I also didn't pick a case, that is a more personal choice.
Capture.PNG

If you ever plan on overclocking, add to it a Cooler Master 212 Evo, it will get you a decent mild overclock, just make sure the case you choose will fit it.

Yeah, I will make a custom case in this case.. because I can't see it in different way..

Just you guys helped me a lot in this.. With best of best regards TrueHearth.

Back