• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hello. Question about Y splitting.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

James730730

Registered
Hello. I'm James. I just registered to get some help on my first water cooling project. I was looking at making a series loop, but then saw you could do parallel. But looking it up I see very specific issues certain to a person about it, and wanted some advice on mine. It would go like this:

Pump> Res > Y > GPU >Rad>Y >Pump.
------------------> CPU > Rad>

Would this work? (Just to say, they would be separate rads.)

Thank you for any replies.

PS. Go easy on me, this is my first Water cooling build. :D

Last edited:
Keep it all in a single loop. No need to go parallel as you reduce the flow's performance that way.

Have a read in our water cooling stickies. Lots of great information for our beginners. :salute:

:welcome: to OCFs btw.

I thought it would. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll keep all my little questions in here, makes it easier.
Do I need a separate fill point for the Aqualis PRO? Can't see anything on the page I'm looking at.

Do I need a separate fill point for the Aqualis PRO? Can't see anything on the page I'm looking at.

Have a read here. I'm sure there might be different revisions but they're all certainly the same when it comes to the location of the outlet and inlet.

I couldn't find any info on the top port if it was a fill port or holding the middle tubing in place.

Thanks. You've been a lot of help. I was debating between two, and I'm going for the other one. It will be a big loop, would the Aquastream XT be powerful enough?

I really am sorry for all the questions, haha.

Also, I'm reading through the beginners guide and it says don't mix copper and aluminium, the radiator I have chosen says aluminium housing: is that just the outside? Would that be okay?

I read the guide, and some more stuff. Right... Questions.

I think I only have one, after doing some research.
What pump would you recommend for a big loop? Two components, and a lot of tubing. (It's a big case.) The one I did want seems to not pack much punch for it's price.

Two compnents? Standard D5 PWM like many loops in many threads here. Or a MCP 50x from Swiftech. Both the best pumps out there.

I read 3 months before buying, just saying.

I've been looking at water cooling for a year or so now, didn't have the money for it until now. And now I do I've been doing proper research which is why I'm here.
I have seen the D5 PWM, and on the site I'm looking at there's a preassembled version, which I shall look at closely. It will be another couple of weeks before I actually start to purchase. I hope with the help of this forum I don't do too much wrong.
I'm a person that sort of jumps into things fully, or I just don't bother.
I know I should research more through google or what have you, but some things start becoming very specific, and I don't know if it would still be relevant to myself. I guess I'm being overly cautious.
And it's more than two components, if a res and rad count as components, haha. Then it's four, and I feel stupid.

A single DDC MCP35X/MCP50X or D5 should suffice. If you're looking for a quite configuration in a very complex loop, than you could go 2 pumps for a quieter operation and redundancy but that isn't necessarily needed.

Back