• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help AMD x4 860K overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

robin1234

Registered
I have AMD x4 860K black with a motherboard MSI A68HM-P33
i know it not the best motherboard for overclocking
in bios overclock can change the multiplier not the volt
so i use AMD overdrive can overclock to 4.2 and dont have to change the voltage
stability test and prime95 no problem even when i go to 4.4 voltage 1.45
but when battle field ore other game pc frees
anybody knows why

thx for the answers

my systembuild parts are :

motherboard MSI A68HM-P33
AMD x4 860K black
memory G skill 2133 4Gb 2 stiks totaal 8 Gb
R7 260X Saphire 2Gb ddr5 video card

Your motherboard is probably overheating.
Could you do a p95 run with HWMonitor open for about 20 minutes? Then post a SS of the HWMonitor readings along with a shot of CPUz main, memory and SPD tabs please this will help us help you.
Welcome to OCF Robin1234

Your motherboard is probably overheating.
Could you do a p95 run with HWMonitor open for about 20 minutes? Then post a SS of the HWMonitor readings along with a shot of CPUz main, memory and SPD tabs please this will help us help you.
Welcome to OCF Robin1234

oke will do THX

Does the game lock up when you aren't overclocked? I ask because the CPU is hitting 67c already at stock. Are you using the stock cooler that came with the CPU ? That could be your problem. Also your ram isn't set up properlyCheck the last row on the SPD tab, that's how the timings should look on the mem tab

no i have a AQUACHANGER 240
that is not the right temp if i use core temp my temp does not go higher than 20c
in stock and nothing freez

is not the temp like the other programs the limet what hotter it can get lik amd overdrive and coretemp

Last edited:
Right , I forgot this CPU is based off the AMD APUs. The only program that's accurate is AMD overdrive. It will show you the thermal margin. Could you use that instead.

can you do that while stress testing with p95. let's see what your thermal margin is.

So does your game crash when you have everything at stock and how do other games behave?. This is important could just be a driver issue or you're trying to play with too many details

So does your game crash when you have everything at stock and how do other games behave?. This is important could just be a driver issue or you're trying to play with too many details

all the games are stock butt to Day i have done with amd overdrive auto overclock when i got to 4.6 and then the pc freez if i go over 4.2 the pc freez now not even when i start games same when I do in the bios volt change auto when i change the multiplire
goes pas 4.2 the pc freez

Does everthing work at stock though??Not the game but the PC. You said you can't change the voltage right? IMO your board is the problem. If it's soon enough I'd return it an get something better. Your motherboard is the foundation of your PC you can't cut corners when using a CPU that needs some power.

Does everthing work at stock though??Not the game but the PC. You said you can't change the voltage right? IMO your board is the problem. If it's soon enough I'd return it an get something better. Your motherboard is the foundation of your PC you can't cut corners when using a CPU that needs some power.

oké the volt will go up when i change the multiplire 4.4 volt go to 1.5V ik have no manual controle over it
but if you think its the board then ik have bad Luck With this board then ik can only go to 4.2
thx for your time and help

That,s my first guess . You should have gotten an X88 chipset and second it's MSI. They have had a terrible record with the recent AMD chips.

That,s my first guess . You should have gotten an X88 chipset and second it's MSI. They have had a terrible record with the recent AMD chips.

oké thx for the advice
staye away from MSI
you havel als model in can get that will door the job

Back